Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Default Roam Control?

Is there a good way to force the phone to voice roaming? At work, mainly in the building I get terrible Sprint service, but roaming works fine, from when I had my Pre.

Thanks!

There's an app in the market called "Roam Control" Works great on my Nexus. It also includes a plugin for Locale.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Banned

Has anyone else gotten this app to work on their nexus s 4g? I have it installed, but it seems to have no effect on when my phone decides to roam.

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    ROM
    aosp v41 (until he update

I just installed and tested next to hubby's epic, worked great, picked up more bars off Verizon.
    Feels strange, bordering on pirating, but so nice to have option to have service.

Silly question to previous post - did you turn onroam? It doesn't just happen

Quote Originally Posted by notmebug View Post
    Has anyone else gotten this app to work on their nexus s 4g? I have it installed, but it seems to have no effect on when my phone decides to roam.
    Do you have superuser installed (needs to be rooted)? Unless roamcontrol has been updated since I used it last, the phone needed to be rooted to change whatever setting the script does. It would be nice to know what it's actually changing.

Quote Originally Posted by notmebug View Post
    That's not how Roam Control works. It has no effect on the signal threshold for autmatic roaming. All it does is give you an easy button to force the phone onto a roaming partner tower. It won't go back to a Sprint tower until you turn roaming off with the Home Only button or go back to auto with the Auto button...both of which are exactly the same as Home/Auto in the Android menu.

Question...do you still get charged for roaming if you use this?

Same rules apply as when the phone selects roaming automatically.
    Banned

I do have superuser installed and I selected to allow root access to the application when I selected the Roam Only option. It looks like it is doing something, but my phone does not stay in roaming mode. It continues to behave as if the application were not installed.

The Roam Control page on the android website says that it is compatible with the Nexus S 4G, but it isn't working for me. There is also a review on the android website that states it is not working for the Nexus S 4G.

I'm really surprised there aren't more people talking about this for a sprint phone. I didn't think this was something sprint users could live without. Maybe I am just spoiled coming from a webos device.
    Banned

Has anyone else gotten this to work on their NS4G?

ROM
    CM7w/Tiamat_Evo-v3.3.7

that app used to work on my stock rooted evo, but ever since i ran cm7 it doent work anymore ,it works for a little bit then it goes back into home network
    CM7-7.0w/Tiamatv3.37

This app works perfectly on my stock rooted ns4g

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk