Must have Apps for the Nexus-S

srdiamond#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Contacts App

I love this thread - it has really helped me find some great apps i just never would have known about - i especially am grateful for the K9 email app - total different league than the stock one (and touchdown doesnt work for non exchange emails accounts). The one app I still cant find is a good contact manager - I have tried GoContact (didnt like) and Acontact (creates duplicates of everything) but no game changer like the K9 app... any ideas group?

hiphop112

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I love this thread - it has really helped me find some great apps i just never would have known about - i especially am grateful for the K9 email app - total different league than the stock one (and touchdown doesnt work for non exchange emails accounts). The one app I still cant find is a good contact manager - I have tried GoContact (didnt like) and Acontact (creates duplicates of everything) but no game changer like the K9 app... any ideas group?

+1...thanks to everyone...coming from WM6.5 and WP7, was really dismayed by several aspects of stock gingerbread...this thread really helped improve overall look, feel and functionality of the NS4g

improved look...
fancy widget
launcher pro

improved functionality...
equalizer
Go SMS Pro
K9
no lock
touchpal dialer

all fun...
Sirius XM - can't live without my Howard!
Pandora
Netflix

all this without spending a nickel...:)

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just found this one - Missed Message Flasher

I have the Netarchy kernel, so have been using BLN which is great. But still wanted repeat audio/vibrate notifications. This thing works great and plays nice with Google Voice.

Had problems with NoLED since I wanted to leave the screen off at all times and just utilize the repeat notification function. It just wouldn't behave with the screen being off.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tomatox.missedmessageflasher

Light up the screen, play a sound, or vibrate at set intervals when a new message is received or when a call is missed. Useful on phones without an LED indicator. Tested on a Samsung Captivate/Galaxy S.

Currently monitors: Missed calls, SMS/text, Gmail, K-9 Mail, Google Voice, notification tone.

DroidAllDay

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I downloaded the "HD Wallpapers" app from the marketplace and I realize that our phones (Nexus S 4G) does not have a SD card. So my question is if I push the save button when browsing the wallpapers I feel like it gives me a destination that does not exist since it tells me its in a directory containing 'sdcard' sooo I'm kinda lost. Where is it actually saving them? Is it even saving them?

By the way this is my first android phone.

Thx in advance!

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I downloaded the "HD Wallpapers" app from the marketplace and I realize that our phones (Nexus S 4G) does not have a SD card. So my question is if I push the save button when browsing the wallpapers I feel like it gives me a destination that does not exist since it tells me its in a directory containing 'sdcard' sooo I'm kinda lost. Where is it actually saving them? Is it even saving them?

By the way this is my first android phone.

Thx in advance!
While there is no SD card, Android treats the internal storage as if it was a SD card and has it named as such.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
guys - thanks for the recommendations - i'm playing around with clocks/ weather - trying to find the ones i like best. love the Fancy Widget. One question - should i be concerned with how many MB these things consume? i don't get the battery life that others seem to get and i'm trying to figure out if widgets impact it as well.
for ex - my phone was off the charger at about 530a - downloaded 2 apps, three calls 14 minutes total and . it sat unused for just over two hours. 4g off, BT off, screen at auto/30s my battery is now at 76% (at 920a)

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Quick Settings, is a utility that stays on the notification area and allows you to control multiple functions on your android phone like radio toggles, screen brightness, volume and ringer status. Once installed, it stays on the notification area and to use, just swipe down and open it... works and is free.

There are 2 different apps titled quick settings. . .
NO 4G toggle!!!!. . . I tried them both and nothing!!!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I figured as much. But do you know what the directory is when I connect my phone to the computer?

First if you haven't already, get a file manager from the market... most of use use Astro File Manager. You can browse/modify the content of your internal storage (which IS your sd card equivalent on the Nexus) on the phone itself.

When you connect to a computer (Win in my case) your phone will be treated as a USB drive and you will have access to the root directory of the internal storage - again, your sd card equivalent. There you can browse, drag and drop, create remove files/directories like you would on any other drive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance