1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Default was my nexus used?

I bought 2. One came with the nexus s wallpaper and the other one was a wallpaper that wasn't even on the phone after I changed it.

Also one had battery watcher installed. The other didn't. There were no signs of a previous user other than that.

did you check google backup during setup on one of them and not the other?

Did you get it at best buy or sprint? Did you see them open it?

You had the backup settings checked while activating the phone. The one that had the "strange" wallpaper was a wallpaper you (whoever) had setup on a different android device. That wallpaper was backup in the cloud then when setting up the new device, it applied.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    You had the backup settings checked while activating the phone. The one that had the "strange" wallpaper was a wallpaper you (whoever) had setup on a different android device. That wallpaper was backup in the cloud then when setting up the new device, it applied.
    I understand this backup and restore is something new in gingerbread, so to clarify, when going through and activating the Nexus and setting it up for the first time there is an option on the Nexus for that?

Gotta watch them, they will try and slip you a return in a heartbeat! Always request to unpackage yourself, no exceptions. When I buy something new, it better be new! Look carefully too, they are getting good at packaging. Also request 2 or 3 to choose from. Watch the ill get you one from the back room trick also!

I have taken over my masters EVO. The world is mine! buwhaaa!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I watched them open it. The wallpaper was one I ran on the epic. Along with having that app. I ran a custom rom that had backup in it. Makes sense now.

The wallpaper was an old android wallpaper I had.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Gotta watch them, they will try and slip you a return in a heartbeat! Always request to unpackage yourself, no exceptions. When I buy something new, it better be new! Look carefully too, they are getting good at packaging. Also request 2 or 3 to choose from. Watch the ill get you one from the back room trick also!

I have taken over my masters EVO. The world is mine! buwhaaa!
    I'd bring you 3 used ones just for being a tool...
    Thanked by: