Battery Life Discussion

god_trentonj

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having no issues either. It lasts way long than my Pre's third battery did... and my wife and I pull our phones off the chargers (she has an EVO) at the same time in the morning and by the time we plug back in at night I still have a good 20% more at the end of the day. We both are on wifi most of the day and I highly doubt she uses her device more than I use mine!

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
51% display
14% voice calls (45min)
10% standby
7% android system
4% phone idle
the rest is random stuff from apps, facebook, browser...
had about an hour on wifi...the rest was 3G.

Nearly 14 hours of mild use, down to 20% though I started at 94%.

adrianfern92

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
51% display
14% voice calls (45min)
10% standby
7% android system
4% phone idle
the rest is random stuff from apps, facebook, browser...
had about an hour on wifi...the rest was 3G.

Nearly 14 hours of mild use, down to 20% though I started at 94%.

How was your signal strength?

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
MY BATTERY LIFE IS EFFING AMAZING!!!!!

BEst thing about this phone I get 13 hours with 37% left over in the day! I could never get this with my Epic with similar usage, although i had way more background apps installed on my epic(VirusShield, tango, etc). Soon ill add my regular apps and see what the real results are. FYI my Epic would give me 13 hours with 5% left over lol. Also note that my nexus usage usually had 3g or wifi on. I am currently running a test with 3g or 4g only.

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how well Juice Defender works for you. I'm interested in the app. Right now I can't complain about my battery life.

Well, just going off of the last 3 hours, i unplugged at 7am and i'm down to 80% now. Which is much better than yesterday. I've been using it lightly to moderately, texting, facebook, using the stock music player. So I'm going to give early props to Juice Defender, seems to be working. One thing I did notice, when I turned it on this morning, Facebook had the most battery consumption at 54% Not sure why that's happening, i've got it to sync every 2 hours. Might have something to do with notifications and Noled, not sure on that, but i'm happy with only a 14% drop in 3 hours. Contemplating rooting and using SetCPU, anyone using this yet?

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am getting 15 hours of moderate use per day. The phone is still around 25-30% when I go to charge it at night. I just got the 1750MAH battery today but dot even feel the need to use it. I ordered it thinking battery life would be as bad as my Evo but its worlds better.

Will any 1750MAH battery work? I looked online and could only find them for the Evo and the Incredible. Will it be larger than the normal battery - requiring a new 'back'?? Thanks for the info.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
my battery life is not great - i have the following widgets installed - is this too many?
switchpro
advanced clock widget
accuweather
smooth calendar
google voice
WHERE voice search

how many widgets do you guys have going? my display (at zero/ 30 s timeout) is about 50%) i assume that figure includes what juice the widgets are pulling?
any advice - let me know-thanks!

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, just going off of the last 3 hours, i unplugged at 7am and i'm down to 80% now. Which is much better than yesterday. I've been using it lightly to moderately, texting, facebook, using the stock music player. So I'm going to give early props to Juice Defender, seems to be working. One thing I did notice, when I turned it on this morning, Facebook had the most battery consumption at 54% Not sure why that's happening, i've got it to sync every 2 hours. Might have something to do with notifications and Noled, not sure on that, but i'm happy with only a 14% drop in 3 hours. Contemplating rooting and using SetCPU, anyone using this yet?

Maybe your FB chat is always "on line"? I had to manually turn off my FB chat function

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
my battery life is not great - i have the following widgets installed - is this too many?
switchpro
advanced clock widget
accuweather
smooth calendar
google voice
WHERE voice search

how many widgets do you guys have going? my display (at zero/ 30 s timeout) is about 50%) i assume that figure includes what juice the widgets are pulling?
any advice - let me know-thanks!

The only widget I have thats not stock is beautiful widget running. How often do you have accuweather
updating? I think I have beautiful widget updating my weather every hour or so. Check to make sure other apps like facebook and twitter are not updating every 5 mins if not needed.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
These are my results. 4G on all the time.

Battery lasted 10 hours, with 3 hours of screen time. Auto brightness on. That's pretty good, I wasn't trying to save battery, I was just using it normally without thinking about the battery.

I think the battery will improve even more. It took 3 weeks for my iPhone 4's battery to get better.

uly_g

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Right now it is saying Google voice is responsible for 36% of my battery drain, but it had not been saying that until I added the widget- does having it in a widget waste more battery?

I noticed the same thing and after taking off the widget, I didn't see that problem again.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
9.5 hours. 55% left. 58 minutes screen on. Some phone calls text and email. Light internet. Epic wouldn't have made it this far with that use. Def love it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae