4G Toggle Widget?

oxeneers

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
While we wait for CM7 to get a nice version for our flavor of the NS, I (as well as many people on XDA/other forums) have been on a huge search for a 4G toggle widget.

Anyone have any ideas? No, SwitchPro/Beautiful Widgets/etc don't work. They all only work for HTC's WiMAX API.

Help?

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it on my nexus s 4g. Get bar control app on the android market then under the settings you can choose anything you want as a notification. Choose the 4g program and vola instant 4g pops you right into the menu so you can toggle it on and off as you wish.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try this?

As much as I appreciate the time and effort that person may or may not have put into creating the toggle, the added step of going through the menu via my Minimalistic Text 4G widget isn't worth the money to me. Not saying this person shouldn't charge for it...but it doesn't bother me enough to want to pay.

Besides...the icon is ugly. :-[

Reactions: za7ch

captainchuck

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So captainchuck, are you the author of said widget?

Yes.

Is there a way to change the ugly icon? If so, I may try it.

Yes. I am having my artist work on new icons for it now and will hopefully have a new version up with a cleaner look in the next 24 hours.

Does anyone know what theme the phone in the market screenshots is running?

I am running stock 2.3.5 with Netarchy Kernel and wp clock live wallpaper.

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I am having my artist work on new icons for it now and will hopefully have a new version up with a cleaner look in the next 24 hours.

Cool. I'll probably buy it anyway, but if it was possible to make an icon similar (I know there's an ethical line there) to the toggle widgets that droidmania (aka droid-mania) makes, I'd *really* love it.

echoromeo83

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just used minimalistic text widget (free) and made it open the 4G settings when I touch it. I rarely use it however, because by usually just keep 4G on all the time. I don't notice a significant increase in battery drain and I have decent 4G coverage where I'm located.

Nahte27

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Both Minimalistic text and Widgetsoid crash on me when I try to link to the 4G settings. I caved and tried this 4G toggle app, and it works great!

captainchuck

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've just uploaded version 1.3 which has a new default graphic, as well as two additional widgets with different graphics.

Usually takes about an hour or two for it to hit the market and allow updates, so keep an eye out for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty