Available on Wirefly, $99.99 new contract or $149.99 upgrade

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Backup and Restore Apps/SMS

Hi Guys,

I think I'd like to save me some $50 buy returning my phone to BB and purchasing it from Wirefly. Is there any easy app or way for me to backup my downloaded apps and SMS so that I can restore it when i get the new phone? I was able to do that with the old Palm Pre by simply signing into a profile (no SMS restore, just apps), so was curious to know if that'd be possible with Android, too.

Thanks!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Wirefly doesn't use mail in rebates anymore, and you should know the stipulations before you order anyways. All are clearly stated in the terms and conditions that you have to accept before you submit the order.

Do your research, and the best of luck to you. :D

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
BB doesn't match Wirefly

I had called Best Buy before, and the lady said they don't match WireFly, but do match other actual stores like RadioShack and Walmart, etc.

I didn't know about Wirefly and those certain conditions, or of the complaints against them. Maybe sticking with BB is the way to go ... peace of mind, while still giving me the 30 days to test out the Nexus S 4G to see if I wanna keep it or return and wait for something else potentially down the line. So far, so good, though, with the phone outside of WiFi not obtaining a strong connection and the battery indicator only maxing out at 94% generally (yesterday, somehow it went all the way up to 97%!).

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Just a note, activation is not free when you buy the Nexus S 4G from Wirefly but it still ends up to be cheaper in the long run... Don't be surprised when your first bill is higher then you thought...