Netflix works flawlessly on Nexus S 4G.....check out the app leave your comments

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't know already, the Nexus S 4G is supported by Netflix w/o needing any adjustments to the buildprop. Download it strait from the market. The XDA thread link doesn't work for our phone.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I used it yesterday while my boys were swimming in neighborhood pool. Watched BASEketball on a 4G signal. Perfect picture....

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about opening a trial account and trying it out. One big question: can it download movies to your phone for offline viewing, or do you have to be network-connected and stream them online from Netflix? It would be much more useful if you can view them offline (like on an airplane in airplane mode), especially with the Nexus's spotty signal strength.

Rawkit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried it out on my home wifi and it was perfect. Not sure on the 3g performance but I was able to get a nice little demo for curious friends.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about opening a trial account and trying it out. One big question: can it download movies to your phone for offline viewing, or do you have to be network-connected and stream them online from Netflix? It would be much more useful if you can view them offline (like on an airplane in airplane mode), especially with the Nexus's spotty signal strength.

I watched about 15 minutes of the other guys on 3G here at home. No buffering and the frame rate looked good.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

You can't download to your phone via Netflix. Gotta be network-connected.

If you have Uverse, there are some movies that you can download straight to your phone with the Uverse App.

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't download to your phone via Netflix. Gotta be network-connected.

If you have Uverse, there are some movies that you can download straight to your phone with the Uverse App.

That's a bummer. I guess Netflix won't be helping me when I'm stuck on long flights. Back to Handbrake it is!

I will never send a penny of my money to AT&T, so no U-verse in my house. :D