Updating Dock w/new apps?

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
Anyone know if there is anyway to change out either the phone shortcut or browser shortcut on the dock? I like the look of having 2 shortcuts and the app drawer, but would get a lot more use out of a messaging shortcut than the browser. Any thoughts or way to update this?

hiphop112

May 9, 2011
Visit site
what you need is a new launcher app...i personally love launcher pro. it will let you customize most of the UI including the dock. you can add up to 5 icons on the dock and switch them as you please

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
usually when u install new launcher first time you press home button you should get a popup where u can choose which launcher to use and if u want to make it default

I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if that would happen on Nexus S, since there isn't a "launcher", so to speak, like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz (or whatever that's called).

Yep, that's the way it works on mine. And you can go into the App Settings to clear any default application that you set if you want to change it.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I had Launcher Pro on my Optimus, and when I downloaded it to my Nexus it worked with no problem. No need to download "homesmack."