Ns4g confirmed bugs

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I was in a Radio shack today talking to an employee about the evo 3d, and I was asked how I was liking my NS4G. I told the employee that I like the device, as I am in the Baltimore area and not experiencing any of the issues besides week wifi. The employee then forwarded me this "inside document" concerning current issues, thought I would share. (I have the file as a pdf but I do not know how to put it in the thread, so if any of you can tell me how I will be glad to do so).

Nexus S Known Issues (Updated 5/10/11)
Device does not support Network Initiated Updates
Description:
Network initiated updates are not currently supported on the Nexus S 4G.
Here are two areas where users may experience impacts related to this lack of functionality:
PRL Updates: The Device may no longer get service where the user expects it.
Device Configuration Updates: A password mismatch may be created and the user is denied
access to the data network (Error 67 displayed).
Password mis‐matches will occur when:
1. The user makes a change to their billing plan
2. The user initiates an MDN change
3. When the MSID is change (due to fraud)
4. When the Network Access ID (NAI) is changed.
Action: Workaround
This functionality will be included in the next MR.
As a workaround, when a customer experiences issues, they can manually update their device
via the settings menu.
(Menu‐>Settings‐>About Phone‐>Sprint System Updates‐> Update PRL or Update Profile)
User cannot disable Google voicemail from the handset
Description:
Users who sign up and use Google Voice on their handset are not able to revert back to
the standard Sprint voicemail experience from the handset.
The Google Voice application on the handset does not allow the user to set voicemail
back to the Sprint voicemail platform. The user must use log into their account using the
Google Voice web site to change the setting for each device.
The Google Voice website address is: voice.google.com
Device does not support TTY
Description:
TTY is not supported on the Nexus S 4G.
Action: Educate
The Nexus S 4G is a Google Experience device and this feature/functionality works per Google's
design.
There are no current plans to change/modify this experience in a future MR. If Google makes a
change in future versions of Android, we will update this with more information.
SMS Messages may convert to MMS Messages
Description:
SMS messages will be converted to MMS messages when:
1. SMS messages are sent to an email address
2. Messages include a subject line
The Nexus S 4G is a Google Experience device and this feature/functionality works per Google's
design.
There are no current plans to change/modify this experience in a future MR. If Google makes a
change in future versions of Android, we will update this with more information.
SMS and MMS messages are limited to 160 characters
Description:
All SMS and MMS messages are limited to 160 characters total.
design.
Wi‐Fi Hotspot General Settings
Description:
1. Only WPA2 security is supported
2. The Hot Spot Security Setting defaulted to ?open?
3. There is no Wi‐Fi hot spot timeout (Battery life issue for hotspot mode)
design.
There is no 4G widget or Shortcut
Description:
There is no 4G widget or Shortcut to quickly access the settings for 4G. User must go into
Settings‐>Wireless and Networks‐>4G Settings to turn on/off 4G.
design.
EAS Global Address Book Lookup Limitations
Description:
GAL search is available only when composing an EAS email on the Nexus S 4G and has the
following limitations:
1. Must enter a name into the ?to? field when composing an email. Will see ?searching?
during the query to the enterprise server.
2. Enter the last name only to retrieve the first 20 results and there is no way to view the rest
3. Entering last name, first name will not return any results
4. Search key is not used in email
5. GAL Search in landscape does not provide "searching" feedback
design.
Picture or Video not fully deleting from the Gallery
Description:
After deleting all pictures and videos from the device, the thumbnail for the last picture or video
captured on the devices remains visible in the gallery. This thumbnail image is a "ghost" image
and is not functional meaning it cannot be opened, assigned to a contact, shared or played. If
the user captures a new image or video, the "ghost" thumbnail will disappear.
This issue will be addressed in a future MR.
Educate the user that this issue only occurs when users delete all pictures and videos from their
device.
If a user wants to clear their device and completely delete the "ghost" thumbnail image, they
can complete a factory data reset via the settings menu. Be sure to inform the customer that
this process will erase all data on their device including the user storage portion of their device
memory.
Menu‐>Settings‐>Privacy‐>Factory Data Reset‐>Check "Erase USB Storage"‐>Reset Phone
Vibration setting does not enable vibration feedback on first use
Description:
When users press the down volume key to the lowest setting on the device, the ringtones
are muted and vibration mode is activated. During first use, the device will show that this
setting has been chosen but the device will not actually vibrate.
This issue will be addressed in the next MR.
If users experience this issue, they can go into Menu‐>Settings‐>Sound to enable vibration.
Once in the sound portion of the settings menu, they do not need to make any changes. They
can simply back out or hit the home button and vibration is now enabled.
MMS works only over 3G
Description:
? MMS messages will not be sent or received when connected to 4G or Wi‐Fi.
? MMS messages will not be sent or received during an active voice call.
design.
Device has limited HAC Support
Description:
The Nexus S 4G has a HAC rating of M4 but has no T rating.
This is educational only and there are no plans to modify the device in the future to add
additional functionality in this area.

Reactions: drewsonian

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
Those Google mother-truckers...

But honestly, none of that really affects me (average user). I like the stock experience of the phone, or as they would call it, "a Google Experience device".

SprintUser123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You can just edit your post and click "Manage attachments" or post a new reply and click on the Paperclip above the text area. The PDF has to be below 2 MB in size to post here but I'd love to see a copy. Can you email it to me if the thread won't take it?

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I rather have a "google experirnece device" than "sprint bloated device". So for me most of this are non issues and the ones that are an issue is a very small issue

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I rather have a "google experirnece device" than "sprint bloated device". So for me most of this are non issues and the ones that are an issue is a very small issue

Agreed. The only one issue I have with the phone is the wifi as of now. Which I know will get fixed somehow.

As far as a list of everything from the epic. Love this phone.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Everything on that list can be fixed with a third party app or a work around. I love my Nexus S and I won't trade it for the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol