Anyone using JuiceDefender?

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Been using the beta for the last few days, and it really does help with battery life. If you aren't using it, you should check it out!

drewsonian

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm using plus and it works great! Except I find that it makes voice dialing hard to use when waking up the phone from sleep since voice dual needs net access and jd turns it off when the screen is off

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I love Juice Defender!! I have the paid version and it was worth the money IMO.. Increased my battery life on my use from 8 hours to 12 hours with my use.. This app is just amazing and I recommend this app for anyone who really wants a good battery life.

cwisuth11

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any issues with using 4G and Juice Defender? I love the app but for some reason why I enable 4G it continuously is disconnected.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What are the advantages of the paid app over the free one. Also, is the beta version available for the paid app? I assume it is.

I read somewhere that you need the beta version for Gingerbread, and certainly I wasn't seeing any improvement until I switched to that version.

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I held off from trying it for the first two weeks so I could get a good understanding of the battery performance. Just installed it this morning and must way that it has GREATLY increased my battery life...I'm using the free version and would buy the paid version if I knew I was keeping this phone but waiting for signal issues to be resolved ...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

wburleson

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
can U

I held off from trying it for the first two weeks so I could get a good understanding of the battery performance. Just installed it this morning and must way that it has GREATLY increased my battery life...I'm using the free version and would buy the paid version if I knew I was keeping this phone but waiting for signal issues to be resolved ...

If you get another phone, can you still download the paid verison of JD and install on the new phone, as long as it is an android phone?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try this out, just to see what all the fuss is about...first off is there any way to take off the little icon on my notification bar? i don't like it there.

This thing seems very unuser friendly..it'll take me some time to figure things out, but if i end up liking it, will buy pro version.

alpinejag

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am going to try this out, just to see what all the fuss is about...first off is there any way to take off the little icon on my notification bar? i don't like it there.

This thing seems very unuser friendly..it'll take me some time to figure things out, but if i end up liking it, will buy pro version.

On the status tab disable notifications.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Awesome that worked! i tried it beofre, but i guess i had to exit outof the app to see the notification go away, anyways it seems pretty cool, its not like a taskk killer which i am totally against. Now i need your help...

I got the free version but there are options that are in dotted lined in yellow, is that the pro version?

Also What are the top 3 main things you guys disable or enable to get more battery? There's a lot to choose from! LOL :confused:

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Awesome that worked! i tried it beofre, but i guess i had to exit outof the app to see the notification go away, anyways it seems pretty cool, its not like a taskk killer which i am totally against. Now i need your help...

I got the free version but there are options that are in dotted lined in yellow, is that the pro version?

Also What are the top 3 main things you guys disable or enable to get more battery? There's a lot to choose from! LOL :confused:

Personally I just go to the default settings... If you push on the "Balanced" mode, it will greatly improve your battery life without you noticing. I use this mode every time I unplug and go out...
If your low on battery (Around 20% - 0%), you can go to "extreme", it will get the most out of your battery life that you can. But it will do a lot of stuff to your phone like disable all radios except calls & SMS..

Note: Doesn't turn off 4G YET...

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
On my widget it says N/A and it has JD enabled isn't that where you can see how much battery your saving. .?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It also says that disabling Notifications can cause issues anyone noticing anything weird if off?

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i'm thinking about going to a paid version - which one do you guys use- plus ($2.80) or ultimate ($7.02)? $7 seems a bit pricey -- but the scheduling and sync controls may be worth it-- thanks for any input--

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i'm thinking about going to a paid version - which one do you guys use- plus ($2.80) or ultimate ($7.02)? $7 seems a bit pricey -- but the scheduling and sync controls may be worth it-- thanks for any input--

I bought the Ultimate version, and regret it, I wanted the Plus version instead, I dont need the CPU and light sensor stuff, all I really want is the Location for wifi, and other things, but the best way to really know which one you want is to simply go to the status tab and then scroll down to the comapre features. If I would have done that I would have gone with the Plus $3.00 and not paid $5 for the ultimate.

Who's knows though I might just end up using the Ultimate features later down the road when I root and if I do.

And let me know if you have the notification thing on or off... I have mine on, but i would like to have it off, but the Warning: sign makes me turn it back on.:-!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton