USB Cable is my only complaint

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems the usb port on my NS4G is tighter than on my EVO or maybe just because it is new. I find I have to fight with it a bit to plug in a usb cable.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It seems the usb port on my NS4G is tighter than on my EVO or maybe just because it is new. I find I have to fight with it a bit to plug in a usb cable.

I have the same experience, fearful to cause some damage the USB port by having to force the cable in when needed.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No problem with any of my cables. I use the one that came with the phone to charge it and use a generic one to connect to my computer. All my Pre cords fit so I have not had to buy any additional ones (thank goodness). I was so tired of buying all the cords specific to a phone over the years.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's the cord and not the phone making a noise? I noticed today when I was updating my PRL and Profile that the phone made a creaking sound when it was working.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the rest of you, but think my evo cable is better. The Samsung one creaks like its going to snap off.

Why are you complaining about every little thing with this phone? You did the same with the EVO when it launched. Again why do you continue to fiddle and mess with every single thing? If it works, then why try to find something wrong with it?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Why are you complaining about every little thing with this phone? You did the same with the EVO when it launched. Again why do you continue to fiddle and mess with every single thing? If it works, then why try to find something wrong with it?

This is the only thing I've complained about, oh and the fact I couldn't make f?ing calls from it. Why don't you stay out of my threads if you have nothing to add.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This is the only thing I've complained about, oh and the fact I couldn't make f?ing calls from it. Why don't you stay out of my threads if you have nothing to add.

You also mentioned the PRL and Profile updates. Personally the way I see it we should have a official thread for problems and issues. Not multiple topics, and posts in Numerous topics about the same thing. I'm not trying to be disrespectful kujawa. I apologize if that's how it came off. Just seems a flood of negative has hit this sub forum.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody willing to create AND maintain a problems thread can feel free to create one. The important thing would be to MAINTAIN the OP after creating it and not just let the thread get stale.

Would also be nice if the OP updated with solutions to the problem if/when they are found or fixed in an OTA.

Stop the bickering and back and forth arguing in this thread or it will be closed.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
You also mentioned the PRL and Profile updates. Personally the way I see it we should have a official thread for problems and issues. Not multiple topics, and posts in Numerous topics about the same thing. I'm not trying to be disrespectful kujawa. I apologize if that's how it came off. Just seems a flood of negative has hit this sub forum.

ok I got a little defensive when you pretty much called me a whiner. I was not complaining in this thread about the Nexus. I love it, I was merely looking for help on why it was not making calls. Sprints tech support said it was because of the failing Profile so I made this post looking for a remedy so I didn't have take it back. I also apologize for anything I said and lets close this topic.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
ok I got a little defensive when you pretty much called me a whiner. I was not complaining in this thread about the Nexus. I love it, I was merely looking for help on why it was not making calls. Sprints tech support said it was because of the failing Profile so I made this post looking for a remedy so I didn't have take it back. I also apologize for anything I said and lets close this topic.

Yeah no problem man.. Just want this forum to be a happy place. I love my phone, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I get this issue quite a bit on different devices. What has worked for me, is traveling to some where else and then they seem to work. So i'm guessing communication between the tower and you is an issue.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah no problem man.. Just want this forum to be a happy place. I love my phone, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I get this issue quite a bit on different devices. What has worked for me, is traveling to some where else and then they seem to work. So i'm guessing communication between the tower and you is an issue.

That's what I was told too by tech advanced tech support I tried both on and off my airave and then drove to the sprint tower still failed. I then drove to the sprint corporate store which is about 45 miles away and the tech could not make any calls and it failed both updates. He then told me it had to be replaced. I just hope this thread can help somebody else.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So your phone would not update your profile or PRL? I was having a problem at home today receiving or making calls (called the phone from my landline and it went directly to voicemail) but I was able to update both my profile and prl. I guess it must have been a fluke thing because it is behaving ok right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981