Gizmodo love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
it's a great phone but he failed to mention the radio issues & horrid battery life because of them.

Come on man.. Not everyone suffers from the issue. At least I don't, and the person above me. No more flooding the forum with this.

Great article, nice to see people showin some love. Even though i'm not a huge fan of Gizmodo.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone is clear that you don't like this phone ;)

not true at all, i find it hard to believe just a few of you are not having any signal issues. it's literally all over the blogs & internet. go look at the sprint forums and see how many hundreds of users are reporting it. actually other than the radio the phone is great.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Come on man.. Not everyone suffers from the issue. At least I don't, and the person above me. No more flooding the forum with this.

Great article, nice to see people showin some love. Even though i'm not a huge fan of Gizmodo.

so the users that are having issues such as in the sprint forums should just stop talkign about the issues? are you gonna tell the evo3d users to keep quiet about the locked bootloader too?

go here and see for yourself: Sprint Community: Signal Issues with Nexus S

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Stay on target...

so the users that are having issues such as in the sprint forums should just stop talkign about the issues? are you gonna tell the evo3d users to keep quiet about the locked bootloader too?

I think what Cory is saying, is basically, keep the complaining about the signal and such in their respective thread, not flooded throughout many threads.

There may be an issue, but keep the posts pertinent to the thread topic.

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I think what Cory is saying, is basically, keep the complaining about the signal and such in their respective thread, not flooded throughout many threads.

i was simply stating the review is a bit biased considering he failed to mention a common issue. people who read his review may not know of the the signal problems. then when they buy the phone they will flood the forums for answers.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
not true at all, i find it hard to believe just a few of you are not having any signal issues. it's literally all over the blogs & internet. go look at the sprint forums and see how many hundreds of users are reporting it. actually other than the radio the phone is great.

i was simply stating the review is a bit biased considering he failed to mention a common issue. people who read his review may not know of the the signal problems. then when they buy the phone they will flood the forums for answers.

Well, then if it is the only thing one reads before getting the phone is the gizmodo review since as you mentioned it is all over the internet. ;)

I don't doubt there are reception issues given all the reports, but honestly, I'm one that does not seem to be hugely affected by it. My reception for voice/3g/wifi don't seem to be any worse than my EVO.

So maybe the reviewer did NOT notice any reception problems, I think that could be quite plausible.

Richard1864

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Great article, nice to see people showing some love. Even though i'm not a huge fan of Gizmodo.

I don't have any signal issues either. And I spent about 2 hours this morning reading and counting the co plaints at Sprint's forums. There are only 74 people complaining about the issues. And so far only ONE reviewer has had these issues bad enough to reduce the phone's overall score and that was the PC Magazine reviewer.

The point has been made both here and elsewhere that some people just plain hate this phone; that doesn't need to be repeated over and over again. Make the point and then move on - constantly repeating those comments ad nauseum just makes the forums LESS likely the place to visit for people needing help or for those wanting to help because all they see are people complaining.

Lots of people have mentioned having problems with signal strength, and many have them either found workarounds or other fixes, or just returned/exchanged their phones. And going from the poll done on Android Central last week, a slightly larger number of people have no issues with the phone at all.

I think the point is made, there is no need to further flood the forums on this issue. It takes time to research this issue, not an overnight fix. Give Google, Sprint, and Samsung time to work on it (more than 24 hours) please. They have said their aware of the issue - and like anyone else, when nagged constantly about something, may start ignoring complaints from the same people over and over again.

Just my 2 cents or so. Please STOP flooding the forums on this.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Trust me nobody knows better than I do how frustrating it can be when you're experiencing a problem and a lot of people are responding with "mine works fine." I've been in that position a few times.

but yes, this is basically what I'm saying:

When you start bringing it up in all the threads you're posting in it becomes a little bit of a buzz killer for those who love their phone.

Reactions: splmonster

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
What I don't get is why don't the people that's complaining...just return their phone. If they're experiencing all these issues, just return it and what for the locked down Evo 3D.

All I've been reading is all these complaints about people bashing the NS4G. Its stock android and I get great battery life personally....better than my Evo and better than my Epic.

I'm sure these so-called radio issues will be fixed with an update. Just like the regular Evo was. Don't think that any of the upcoming devices isn't gonna have some type of issue when they're launched.

All I'm saying is that if you hate this phone or any other phone or device for that matter, just return it. Don't try and ruin our experience with it because we like it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Fixxer just drop it man.. We know about it, we have many topics on this issue. Google has acknowledged it and we can wait or move on. We don't need to hear about it anymore. I love my phone... It has this minor issue, and to me I think it's minor and will be fixed. I do feel for users experiencing the issues, but for me I don't suffer the issues.

Last edited:

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Fixxer just drop it man.. We know about it, we have many topics on this issue. Google has acknowledged it and we can wait or move on. We don't need to hear about it anymore. I love my phone... It has this minor issue, and to me I think it's minor and will be fixed. I do feel for users experiencing the issues, but for me I don't suffer the issues.

Forum Etiquette:

* Backseat Modding - refers to ordinary users taking a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members. Do not do this. If you feel a post or thread requires moderation, please use the report post button. :D

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Forum Etiquette:

* Backseat Modding - refers to ordinary users taking a moderator-like tone in criticizing other members. Do not do this. If you feel a post or thread requires moderation, please use the report post button. :D

I have.. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just stating the obvious that we have other topics for this. Cory posted in this topic because I reported it ;)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The one rule I care about is bullet #6. So let's talk Gizmodo. Or we can talk about my crap GPS on the Thunderbolt :mad: My guess is you'd rather do the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital