Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Default Nexus got HOT today

Using my Nexus like normal today. I get low sprint signal in the office so by battery drain is pretty constant. I keep it plugged in at my desk most of the time, as it was at the time. I was listening to a podcast over bluetooth also. I went to pick up the phone and I noticed it was really hot. The screen seemed to be hotter than the back.

I turned the phone off and set it by a fan.

This scares me. I know heat and electronics dont mix. I do not like this going on with my breand new phone. The signal issues with this phone are starting to bother me.

WiFi is incredibly slow and I think the bad 3g connection is what made it hot.

I have 6 days to decide but I think its going back. Its a shame. The android experience is great.

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

Your nexus S won't get anywhere near hot enough to hurt the phone. Trust me on this one.
    If it does that's what insurance is for. I had a palm pre that was overclockd and always run warm to the
    touch while running podcast or internet radio. Nothing ever happend. Try reseting your phone or turning off then back on.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Mines be getting hot too but it's also about 20 degrees hotter than it was when I first got it. And I'm pretty sure it's getting close to being over normal operation temperatures outside.

My epic use get hot when plugged in too. I'm not worried.

My Nexus gets hot when I use it for navigation in the car. I have it hanging by the windshield and charging. I live in South Texas so it's in the high 90s now. The phone gave me a warning once that the phone was getting too hot to the point it stopped charging. Immediately put it next to the air vent. Only happened once.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

I'm now experiencing a few issues. My speaker is blown I think. My phone beeps when I boot it (never did that before). And I'm having charging issues. Someone I will have it on the charger and our won't charge at all. One time I turned it off and it just had an exclamation point where it is usually a battery.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I'm now experiencing a few issues. My speaker is blown I think. My phone beeps when I boot it (never did that before). And I'm having charging issues. Someone I will have it on the charger and our won't charge at all. One time I turned it off and it just had an exclamation point where it is usually a battery.

Get a replacement before the trial period is over.