Weekly updates?

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought this phone was supposed to get weekly updates, I've had it 2 weeks and haven't received one yet, am I wrong on this...

Either way I'm taking it back on Friday and having them reset my rebate date do I can get the 3D...I've yet to hear anyone from Sprint admit that there are any issues with this phone, but I know without a doubt that there are major issues with all of the radio SW on it...Plus, I know imma get some crap for this, but I prefer the EVO screen over this one any day...
/rant

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Who told you it gets weekly updates? Entirely far from truth. It will get the newest versions of Android first once they are released.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought this phone was supposed to get weekly updates, I've had it 2 weeks and haven't received one yet, am I wrong on this...

Either way I'm taking it back on Friday and having them reset my rebate date do I can get the 3D...I've yet to hear anyone from Sprint admit that there are any issues with this phone, but I know without a doubt that there are major issues with all of the radio SW on it...Plus, I know imma get some crap for this, but I prefer the EVO screen over this one any day...
/rant

If you have been following the forum posts at various locations you'd know that all parties are currently aware and working on a issue with no ETA. I don't know about the weekly updates. But heres a note; with this phone theres no approval process with updates. You will get your updates when google releases them. NOT when sprint decides its good to go. Keep that in mind when you switch to the bloatware phone that the EVO 3d is. And just remember that when you switch, you will be waiting for Icecream Sandwhich while us Nexus users bask in the glory. :)

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had seen a few places that said something about weekly updates, can't remember exactly, but I just can't deal with a product that doesn't meet the minimum expectations of what its originally intended for...Plus, bloatware is nothing a nice lil root can't fix...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have been following the forum posts at various locations you'd know that all parties are currently aware and working on a issue with no ETA. I don't know about the weekly updates. But heres a note; with this phone theres no approval process with updates. You will get your updates when google releases them. NOT when sprint decides its good to go. Keep that in mind when you switch to the bloatware phone that the EVO 3d is. And just remember that when you switch, you will be waiting for Icecream Sandwhich while us Nexus users bask in the glory. :)

Mmm. Ice cream. Wait.... is it vanilla ice cream? Lol. O yea. It is!

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I had seen a few places that said something about weekly updates, can't remember exactly, but I just can't deal with a product that doesn't meet the minimum expectations of what its originally intended for...Plus, bloatware is nothing a nice lil root can't fix...

Meets more then my minimum.. :)

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
The Nexus screen is 235ppi and AMOLED, which destroys that washed out EVO screen. lol

err... isn't the EVO 3D using an SLCD, and somewhere around 250ppi? Still can't say anything about color, since we haven't seen it, but supposedly it is close/r to SAMOLED (not SAMOLED+ tho)

edit: ok, just noticed the original post mentioned favoring the EVO screen

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
err... isn't the EVO 3D using an SLCD, and somewhere around 250ppi? Still can't say anything about color, since we haven't seen it, but supposedly it is close/r to SAMOLED (not SAMOLED+ tho)

He mentioned the EVO. So I understood it that way. Only because how would he see the EVO 3D screen? It's not out yet. Unless he attended CTIA...???? Even then the EVO 3D and Sensation proved they had poor viewing angles, and washed out colors once again.

"Plus, I know imma get some crap for this, but I prefer the EVO screen over this one any day..."

Mentions only the word EVO

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you return the phone (like I did last week) you will regret it ( like I did). I eventuallly went back to the store and picked it up again. This is an awesome phone. Give it a chance. I'm not saying that the EVO and the EVO 3D aren't great phones, but I had the EVO and I am a lot happier with my Nexus.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Its a phone - check
it has android - check
it works - check
it makes calls - check
it has 4g/3g - check
no weekly updates - fail

:)

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've heard you can get nightly updates if you know where to look.

That is true for custom ROMs like Cyanogen, they do have nightly beta updates, NEVER BEEN TRUE FOR GOOGLE!

If you are looking for an excuse to return it, you don't need one, nor do you need our collective approval, is your phone so if that's what you want, go right ahead return it and be happy!

Last edited:

creektrack

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This phone gets such bad reception its not even useable most of my day...maybe I'm just a fan of HTC now, they have come a long way since the Mogul and Touch...I used to love Samsung, but this "vanilla" has put a bad taste in my mouth...

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The evo 3ds screen is not better than the super amoled. Its a little better than the original evo, but the colors certainly dont pop like the nexus, nor will it provide blacks like the nexus. I like both phones more or less, but lets be honest, samsung has some of the best screens period, and thats one thing samsung will always have a leg up on htc..