Portable HotSpot not working or Timesout

timmyutah

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced my 1st NS4G with a NEW NS4G today at sprint. I am having the same problems with both phones. (One i replaced and the new one) When turned on, the hotspot timesout, doesnt completely load the page, or goes slow then timesout or doesnt load the page. I am not in a 4g area, and 4g setting is toggled off.

Anyone else had the same problem? My wife's Evo4g turned on and using as hotspot, has no problems and i can connect at 3g speeds. Sprint store happily gave me a new NS4G today as replacement (only been sprint customer for 1 week now) but now I am wondering whether or not I should get the EVO4g because i need the hotspot capabilities for my Ipad and laptop.

Any suggestions, ive tried everything. I need to fix this and ASAP.

Thanks!

mjamills

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue - After multiple calls and two store visits they gave me a new phone but it does the same thing. Hotsopt will not work when 4g is turned on no matter if you are in a 4g area or not. Finally Sprint advised me that this is a known problem and it will be fixed. The question is when will it be fixed, because like you this is the reason I purchased this phone. I am paying the extra $30 each month and it does not work. If you turn off the 4g service, then the hotspot works but only at the 3g speeds at best. I don't know what is taking so long to fix the problem.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Same issue - After multiple calls and two store visits they gave me a new phone but it does the same thing. Hotsopt will not work when 4g is turned on no matter if you are in a 4g area or not. Finally Sprint advised me that this is a known problem and it will be fixed. The question is when will it be fixed, because like you this is the reason I purchased this phone. I am paying the extra $30 each month and it does not work. If you turn off the 4g service, then the hotspot works but only at the 3g speeds at best. I don't know what is taking so long to fix the problem.

Don't have an answer for you, this seems to be an issue that needs addressing with an update. In the meantime I would argue that you need to ask Sprint for a refund on moneys paid since the service is not working as advertised and/or remove this service until the issue with this phone is resolved.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just replaced my 1st NS4G with a NEW NS4G today at sprint. I am having the same problems with both phones. (One i replaced and the new one) When turned on, the hotspot timesout, doesnt completely load the page, or goes slow then timesout or doesnt load the page. I am not in a 4g area, and 4g setting is toggled off.

Anyone else had the same problem? My wife's Evo4g turned on and using as hotspot, has no problems and i can connect at 3g speeds. Sprint store happily gave me a new NS4G today as replacement (only been sprint customer for 1 week now) but now I am wondering whether or not I should get the EVO4g because i need the hotspot capabilities for my Ipad and laptop.

Any suggestions, ive tried everything. I need to fix this and ASAP.

Thanks!
There seems to be a reception issue - which many of us have. There have been numerous rumors that a fix is on the way. For what it is worth, there does seem to be an update coming, but sadly, the exact date is entrenched in shadows at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae