Question about Best Buy

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So my upgrade is on July 1st, and I will likely be picking up the NS or Evo3D havent decided yet. I am wondering about going to best buy since they give you the instant rebate as Sprint makes you mail it in. I am also looking to trade in my Evo Shift so I am wondering if Best Buy does the trade ins like Sprint does, and does it even carry the NS4G?

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So my upgrade is on July 1st, and I will likely be picking up the NS or Evo3D havent decided yet. I am wondering about going to best buy since they give you the instant rebate as Sprint makes you mail it in. I am also looking to trade in my Evo Shift so I am wondering if Best Buy does the trade ins like Sprint does, and does it even carry the NS4G?

Unless you purchased the Shift from Best Buy as well as it's Buy Back Program, Best Buy will not give you any credit for your Shift. You might as well sell that on ebay or craigslist.

The Shack may give you $100 credit for your Shift though...

And yes, BB does carry the NS4G. I bought mine there.

blckz28

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Chck best buys web site. They buy lots of tech stuff even without a recipt. There is a place on there to find out what your gadget is worth.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Sprint does not do mail in rebates any longer. As someone who works for Sprint its frustrating that they dont advertise this more. They havent been doing mail in rebates since April. And as of now that will be continuing thru the end of June.

So if the price is $199 at Sprint...thats what you'll be paying up front. No mail in rebate business.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint does not do mail in rebates any longer. As someone who works for Sprint its frustrating that they dont advertise this more. They havent been doing mail in rebates since April. And as of now that will be continuing thru the end of June.

So if the price is $199 at Sprint...thats what you'll be paying up front. No mail in rebate business.

Right but my upgrade is July 1st so about that.... Lol

HuskerD

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought 2 NS4G's at Best Buy last week & talked them into giving me the new customer price of $149 on both upgrades. I think you have to catch the right person in the right mood to pull it off though.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought 2 NS4G's at Best Buy last week & talked them into giving me the new customer price of $149 on both upgrades. I think you have to catch the right person in the right mood to pull it off though.

Same here, best buy was going to buy my evo 150 and sell me the Nexus for 149.99. But I did not have the original box. I had my Fiances box but the serial numbers needed to match phone to box. I ended up getting the 149 price at a non corporate sprint store and selling my EVO to a lady that walked in with a busted EVO. Talk about timing.

slreidmo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy carries the NS4G and currently their current customer prices are the same as Amazon. I am picking mine up tonight. If you are a current customer and are eligible for your upgrade, it's $149. New customer price at Amazon is $99.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet is to get what ever you want through Best Buy.

If you are hard on phones, do their $9.99 service plan, instead of the soon to be increasing to $8 a month Sprint TEP (should be called TEPEW - Total Equipment Protection Except Water). Sprint requires a deductible when making a claim for a lost or stolen phone ($100), and they will limit you to three claims, until they drop your insurance. Best Buy, unlimited claims, no deductible, cost $2 more a month. Your choice. If your good on your phone, hardly ever lose or drop in water, choose sprint.

If your phone is in good condition, sell it on craigslist. There are a lot of people who want a phone, right now, with no contract. I just sold my Optimus S for $100.00, the Tuesday after the Monday after the NS4G release. I live in Indianapolis, IN, if that matters for market consideration.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather just trade my Shift to best buy and walk out with the Nexus for less than 100$ after my upgrade. Also I've been on the Sprint chat and asked if it was possible to move up my upgrade a week and they wouldn't budge. I told them about being with Sprint and having 2 lines for over 10 years and what-not and they said its impossible. What gives?

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather just trade my Shift to best buy and walk out with the Nexus for less than 100$ after my upgrade. Also I've been on the Sprint chat and asked if it was possible to move up my upgrade a week and they wouldn't budge. I told them about being with Sprint and having 2 lines for over 10 years and what-not and they said its impossible. What gives?

It is possible, talk to customer retention. I moved my upgrade a year up. Have to be firm, but polite. I had so many issues with the EVO (went through 7 of them) which might have helped my case.

dimapb

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just did the same thing. I called and was very nice to them. It's my kids B-Day tomorrow, so I wanted to surprise her and get her Optimus S for free, but she was 28 days away from being eligible. I called and explained it to them and they moved it up. I was very pleasantly surprised.

ho0lee0h

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet is to get what ever you want through Best Buy.

If you are hard on phones, do their $9.99 service plan, instead of the soon to be increasing to $8 a month Sprint TEP (should be called TEPEW - Total Equipment Protection Except Water). Sprint requires a deductible when making a claim for a lost or stolen phone ($100), and they will limit you to three claims, until they drop your insurance. Best Buy, unlimited claims, no deductible, cost $2 more a month. Your choice. If your good on your phone, hardly ever lose or drop in water, choose sprint.

If your phone is in good condition, sell it on craigslist. There are a lot of people who want a phone, right now, with no contract. I just sold my Optimus S for $100.00, the Tuesday after the Monday after the NS4G release. I live in Indianapolis, IN, if that matters for market consideration.

Best Buy's plan covers lost/stolen phones? Does it also cover water damage or accidents(ie, breaking the screen)?