Different chargers

IceyKold

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a basic ipad usb charger and the stock Nexus S 4G charger. Is there a difference in using the Apple charger long term and is it as powerful, if not more powerful at charging?

--Thanks

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. I got my Nexus this past Friday and haven't even used the Samsung charger, just HTC ones and 3rd party usb cables plugged in to a computer.

I would say if it starts smoking you should unplug it :)

Welcome to Android Central.

Ho12nyGuy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that you would be fine using the charger for your ipad. You can look at the charger to see how much power it is capable of putting out vs. the one that came with your phone. But, I believe that the phone would be able to regulate just how much power it will be taking in so I don't think you have anything to worry about. I personally have not used the charger that came with the Nexus and I have had no problems so far. I have had my phone for about a month now.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My experience with both the iPad and Palm Pre chargers was truly tested. When I got my Pre I tried aftermarket chargers but not all chargers are created equal. I found after getting many, that for the Pre it had to have at least 1000 output. For the iPad it is another hungry beast and requires about the same. All the Pre chargers can run this phone (thank goodness) so I have not had to buy any additional ones. If the charger says that it below 1000 output it may make your phone go a little crazy when you plug it in. That is how I knew that it wasn't enough to run my Pre. By going crazy it would open and close cards by itself the screen would go off and on. The iPad charger is 10 watts so it is more than powerful enough to run the Nexus.

OldCoastie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is look at the output rating of the Samsung charger that came with your phone. It will read 5V at some milliamps (ma), 800 or 850 I think. Don't have it with me. Any charger with a 5V output and a milliamp rating greater than the OEM charger will do a fine job.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay