Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus or E3D?

Alright, I've been desperately trying to decide on a device for the past month (or two). And I know this debate is relatively played out, but I gotta ask. Ok, I've already pre-ordered the Evo 3D but after impatiently waiting since they announced it my thoughts have swayed. I had an OG Evo and it was great, but I feel like sense it just a little too much for me. After playing with the NS4G recently I really began to consider it, and I really really like the vanilla andriod look and feel (as well as the thought of getting first dibs on all updates).

My question is, are the radio signal issues and stuff that bad? That's one of the only things holding me back. It's stupid to get a phone that's going to frustrate my life, more than simplify it. I'm sure, being a nexus, it will get a fix, but how are guys getting through it? From the videos I've seen the download speed is abysmal and that's a biggie to me. Just wanted a straight answer on how you guys feel.

My only other gripe about the phone is the "plastic-y" feel it seems to have. I've had a palm pre and it kind of reminds me of that (but still way better). I'm sure cases and stuff can rememdy that. Just wondering what your guys take is on it.

Anyways, I'm sure talking about the E3D is something most of you don't enjoy, I'm just trying to get everyone's opinion. Is the Nexus worth it? Or should I stick it out and deal with sense on the E3D?

p.s. I've never went the rooting route (yet), so is the Nexus still a good choice, I guess that weighs up against the fact that the 3D "gimmick" itself, with hold little to no value to me.

Thanks everyone!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I am coming from pre and blackberry and had same concerns as you. Radio has been perfect for me, no issue with speed, I didn't like the plastic feel at first, but I started to like the feel and good after couple of days. Check my post here, it might help you to make up your mind:
    pre bb bold nexus my exprience
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/spri...exprience.html

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

Try out the nexus, return it when the evo3D hits and if you like the nexus better then return the evo. 30 day return periods rock (;

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

As far as the build quality of the Nexus S, even though it is all plastic, it feels better to me than the EVO. It is lighter, the screen is better, there are no light leakages, and the battery cover is tight - no creaking.