1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Default prl and profile update

I don't know if this has been discussed here but it fails to update both. The other nexus on my account has no problem.

Completely stock and haven't touched anything. Did a factory reset and still doesn't work called up sprint and they messed up my internet. Then fixed it and said my profile was updating since my internet was working. Meanwhile it says its not.

Anyone know how to fix this?

ROM
    MIUI,Matrix3.5 cfs

I know it can be tedious, but I got both prl and profile to update by "retrying" over and over again. Flashed back to my stock ROM and just kept trying. If I had to guess, it took about 25 prl tries and around 100 for profile. If your patient enough give it a try. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

when you guys are either updating prl or profile do you guys hear clicking noises from earpiece while it places the call??

Yeah I seem to hear something. I have never been able to update my profile the PRL will update sometimes with a lot of retry's.
    edit..... Well wonders of wonders I have not tried profile or PRL updates for 2 or 3 weeks coz they would not work just tried it now went straight thru.
    Last edited by mickie98; 06-12-2011 at 07:51 AM.

You guys may be having the problem because you put your ear over the proximity sensor while it is updating and then that causes it not to finish. Had the same problem, but that alleviated it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Sprint BB Curve --> Palm Pre --> HTC Hero --> BB Tour --> HTC Evo 4g --> Nexus S 4g

Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    You guys may be having the problem because you put your ear over the proximity sensor while it is updating and then that causes it not to finish. Had the same problem, but that alleviated it.
    No I knew about that, read it somewhere shortly after getting Nexus. For the most part I have had no problems whatsoever with the Nexus. Only reason I was even messing with the updates was because I could.

Quote Originally Posted by mickie98 View Post
    No I knew about that, read it somewhere shortly after getting Nexus. For the most part I have had no problems whatsoever with the Nexus. Only reason I was even messing with the updates was because I could.
    Oh okay. Well, this phone is great in so many ways, but does some odd things at times. I wonder why this issue happens to some of us...

Sprint BB Curve --> Palm Pre --> HTC Hero --> BB Tour --> HTC Evo 4g --> Nexus S 4g
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

At least I'm not alone. Its just weird. I never had a problem with it. And the other one works just fine.

I don't understand why android devices are so incosistent. They are organic or something. No 2 phones are the same.

I had found this as an issue as well. But it was when the phone tried to switch to talk mode IE trying to put the phone to the ear. Once I left the phone on the table when it updated, if fixed my issue with updating. Have you had the same issue?

I had the same issues, but my phone stopped being able to make or receive calls. I had numerous techs look at it and it came to replace it. The new works great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mickie98 View Post
    Now I'm having the same problem. I guess I jinxed myself. Decided to just update them bc I dropped 4 consecutive calls while sitting by my airrave, and now my update profile fails and so does prl... I'm getting very frustrated with this phone.

It's great at everything, but being a phone.

Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

What does update PRL and profile mean? I've seen this numerous times but never understood it
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    What does update PRL and profile mean? I've seen this numerous times but never understood it

Quote Originally Posted by arrogant437 View Post
    I know it can be tedious, but I got both prl and profile to update by "retrying" over and over again. Flashed back to my stock ROM and just kept trying. If I had to guess, it took about 25 prl tries and around 100 for profile. If your patient enough give it a try. Hope this helps.
    How do you know if either has actually updated? PRL I suppose would give you a different PRL number in the status menu...but how does one know if the profile updated? Is there a version or timestamp or some other indicator?

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    How do you know if either has actually updated? PRL I suppose would give you a different PRL number in the status menu...but how does one know if the profile updated? Is there a version or timestamp or some other indicator?
    If you go into settings/about phone/status

In there you will see the prl #. I'm sure sprint makes it available as to what the most recent is somewhere, but idk. Usually, whenever i've had an issue in the past this can temporarily solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    If you go into settings/about phone/status

In there you will see the prl #. I'm sure sprint makes it available as to what the most recent is somewhere, but idk. Usually, whenever i've had an issue in the past this can temporarily solve the problem.

Yeah, I'm aware of the PRL number, though I'm curious if folks in different areas get the same one. I'm assuming they do. Mine says P:01115 and has always said that since the first time I checked it about four weeks ago right after I got it.

What about the profile? When I update, it says "update successful"...but how do we know?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Just got my s today and tried updateing both of these about both failed ....tried a few times...

Sent from my Asus Transformer Tab

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Having the same problem. Neither will update. Doesnt matter much but it worries me that something else could be amiss.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Mine still isn't working but the other one still is. Interesting.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

My NS4g was updating the profile and prl, until today. Now it just says unsuccessful, and prompts to try again. Perhaps there is some Sprint service changes going on that cause this. I'll try again tomorrow.