Why I am leaving the Nexus....

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
How did you trade? And how is the battery life so far? I heard its super since its rocking a 1800 battery.

I just went and used an upgrade from one of my other lines to buy the phone, then sold my Epic 4G on Ebay for about $250.

On the battery life, I had purchased a 2800mah Yoobao battery since I was desperate for longer battery life (of course it made my phone seem like an old school Motorola grey phone, HUGE) and it seems comparable to that.

If I was gaming or texting quite a bit through the day, I had to make sure the phone was charging or get it charged, and by night fall for sure have it on the charger. With the Yoobao, I did not have to do that until it was time for bed. That is what it feels like with the XPRT, I do not worry to much about making sure it is charged.

I probably did not explain it how you want but lets just say that the battery life is better, and I was good on my Epic in turning off any syncing, GPS, etc that would cause battery drain. They are both setup the same way at this time as far as my apps go. After I saw some game demos on the Droid Pro which is basically the same phone with maybe some minor changes, I was like, yea, that beast can do what my Epic can do game wise.

Yea, the Epic had an awesome screen and better photo and video support but I do more texting and gaming than the former. The phone still takes good photos and videos anyway.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Damn you sprint for giving us too many new phones at once![/QUOTE]

And its not even summer yet! LoL

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It's about time Sprint got the killer phones... the last few years have really been tough watching AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile rolling out killer tech... and when I upgraded 2 years ago.. the Palm Pre was the flagship device on Sprint... Sprint got a nice pick-me-up from the EVO line... but the last few years it seemed like the other networks were just bam-bam-bam hammering out killer phones that we couldn't have on Sprint.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Which by the way I have asked Android Central to create a Forum for the XPRT ...and nope nothing yet... How can we get this started? The Photon is not even out yet, and there's a forum for that already! Come on!

tsrich

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I think Google, Sprint and Samsung may have missed the boat with me on this phone. I was soooo excited about it coming out after the announcement in Feb.

I went to the store soon after release to check one out, but the screen was very dim, so I didn't purchase then. I checked online and realized the auto screen setting can keep the screen dim, so no prob, but then I saw all the issues people were having with the wifi and 3G/4G signal strength, so I held off buying till I saw a patch.

It's been a while now, and the Evo 3D is almost out and the Phenom was just announced, both pretty impressive phones for the same price. I'm thinking I may hold out for one of them.

If the Nexus had come out with less problems, I'd be an owner now.

carnivalq

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey ,OP, or anyone else , lol.......is there ne forums or reviews or nething on the xprt? This device literally popped up out of the blue to me wich is strange cuz im constantly researching phones. My epic is broke and im contemplating the xprt , the nexus s (wich i have returned due to signal issues but did thoroughly enjoy it ) and the evo 3d (wich seems amazing but i dont think it can match the epics camera, not that the xprt will lol).......i dont uinderstand where the xprt came from lol but yaaaaa hows the camera on it?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Agreed..... how long should it take and how would you wait???

I reach my 30 days next month. By then the new EVO will be available. I really want this Nexus S and I firmly believe it will be a better phone for me than the EVO 3D. But I don't want to get stuck with a phone that has bad radios. Its going to be a tough call.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
the comment on the fascinate working on 4G it won't work on a 4g but it will still work as long as 3G is around. did the rep say that? I live in a 4G area but I don't have a 4G phone. 3G is still available and will be for quite awhile......that is what the rep should had said.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey ,OP, or anyone else , lol.......is there ne forums or reviews or nething on the xprt? This device literally popped up out of the blue to me wich is strange cuz im constantly researching phones. My epic is broke and im contemplating the xprt , the nexus s (wich i have returned due to signal issues but did thoroughly enjoy it ) and the evo 3d (wich seems amazing but i dont think it can match the epics camera, not that the xprt will lol).......i dont uinderstand where the xprt came from lol but yaaaaa hows the camera on it?

If camera is important then this phone is not for you, while it has a 5 megapixel it doesn't live up to it at all, for me its no biggie because I have a digital camera regardless, plus I rather have a good phone with working radios than a phone with a decent camera and no good radios.

carnivalq

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If camera is important then this phone is not for you, while it has a 5 megapixel it doesn't live up to it at all, for me its no biggie because I have a digital camera regardless, plus I rather have a good phone with working radios than a phone with a decent camera and no good radios.

i had the nexus for about a week and didnt think the camera was that bad.....in fact from all the videos i see of any device on verizon it still seems smoother and less jerkier (except for the charge wich of course is samsung)......and i actually thought the front camera was better than my epic , how i dont know edit: disregard , if it was the xprt u were talking about lol

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i had the nexus for about a week and didnt think the camera was that bad.....in fact from all the videos i see of any device on verizon it still seems smoother and less jerkier (except for the charge wich of course is samsung)......and i actually thought the front camera was better than my epic , how i dont know edit: disregard , if it was the xprt u were talking about lol

Talking about the XPRT, The Nexus has the best camera I've seen on an Android phone.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus has the best camera I've seen on an Android phone.

I agree and I am a pro photographer/videographer. Less megapixels doesnt mean anything. The Nexus takes a far better pic than the Evo's 8 megapixel camera. Havent tried many other of the 8MP phone cameras yet. The Nexus shows a bit more noise (grain in the image) when they are blown up to 100% but its a phone. I dont think anyone is going to be making large format prints from these pics. The videos look better too although not HD like the Evo. As I have said before, Samsung makes cameras and video processors, HTC does not, so there is bound to be a difference.

carnivalq

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree and I am a pro photographer/videographer. Less megapixels doesnt mean anything. The Nexus takes a far better pic than the Evo's 8 megapixel camera. Havent tried many other of the 8MP phone cameras yet. The Nexus shows a bit more noise (grain in the image) when they are blown up to 100% but its a phone. I dont think anyone is going to be making large format prints from these pics. The videos look better too although not HD like the Evo. As I have said before, Samsung makes cameras and video processors, HTC does not, so there is bound to be a difference.

Mhmmmmm.....has any roms or anybody gotten the ns4g to do 720p video instead of the 480? Maybe ill just go right back to the Nexus lol.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

As an ex Evo owner I approve this comment!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to sway anyone one way or... The heck with it, ill be honest. Nexus S blows everything currently on sprint out of the water, to switch from it too a motorola is crazy IMO. It has the same processor as my year old evo, and let me tell you if i could trade for a nexus s right now id jump on it in a heartbeat. Sure you get a neat little keyboard, but you also get a neat LITTLE screen, that is not even close to as nice as the NS4G's. I usually dont like to give out my bare honest opinion for fear for hurting feeling on the forums, but in this case i feel like im helping by suggesting to stick it out.

Anyone who is willing too wait for a radio update is a very smart individual.

Call me a fanboy, oh wait I dont even have a NS. Call me fair minded. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante