Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Default Why I am leaving the Nexus....

I went ahead and decided to keep my Nexus, sorry but its hard to let go this beauty. Will just shut my mouth and wait for Google to update this beast.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

For a Xprt?!?! Really?!?! You know its going to be super slow compared to your nexus and the screen is tiny right? You will regret it once they fix the signal issues. I would not trust anyone from any stores since most of them are clueless, an example is when I was at the verizon store, a customer was asking if the samsung fascinate would work when 4g comes. The sales man said yes ( no you cannot btw ). That's okay, you need to be on crappier devices to make you realize how great the nexus is.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    For a Xprt?!?! Really?!?! You know its going to be super slow compared to your nexus and the screen is tiny right? You will regret it once they fix the signal issues. I would not trust anyone from any stores since most of them are clueless, an example is when I was at the verizon store, a customer was asking if the samsung fascinate would work when 4g comes. The sales man said yes ( no you cannot btw ). That's okay, you need to be on crappier devices to make you realize how great the nexus is.
    LOL yeah man, again I cant believe it either, and yes I know all my devices left and right, I am not interested in the Evo 3D, or the Photon, I am ready for a change, and XPRT fits it. As for the slowness, its not at all, they are both 1ghz. I will agree on the sales reps on any sptres, they are clueless when it comes to what they are actually selling, I tend find myself educating them on their own products when I go look at some phones LOL.

As for the Screen i thought it was going to be smalled but nope, I am comfortable with it, and I was surprised at how good the keyboard was! And I have big Hands!

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    ...I will agree on the sales reps on any sptres, they are clueless when it comes to what they are actually selling, I tend find myself educating them on their own products when I go look at some phones LOL...
    Yeah, makes you wonder why they get the commission instead of us...

This Moto is really picking my interest as it reminds me of the Treo(s) I used for so many years. Really tempted to pick up one just to play with for a couple of weeks. I will not discard my Nexus, but I certainly like the Moto form factor.

Hope this one works better for you.

ROM
    Stock

This seems backwards to me. My co-worker has the Droid Pro, which I understand is the same exact phone. He is seriously jealous of my Nexus S and feels like his Droid Pro was the wrong choice. We all make fun of him for being the only guy with a keyboard and a small screen.
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

Quote Originally Posted by jesse813 View Post
    As for the slowness, its not at all, they are both 1ghz.
    They are both 1ghz but the Nexus S runs Gingerbread which is faster than Fro-Yo.

Ok, buh-bye....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeparisoe View Post
    This seems backwards to me. My co-worker has the Droid Pro, which I understand is the same exact phone. He is seriously jealous of my Nexus S and feels like his Droid Pro was the wrong choice. We all make fun of him for being the only guy with a keyboard and a small screen.
    It may be so if you are new to the smartphone arena... for someone like me who has owned multiple smartphones since the introduction of the Handspring Treo 270 (or a former long time BB user), it makes perfect sense.

If I were to pick the best smartphone I have ever owned it would be the Sprint Samsung SPH-i500 ~ look it up. Had a tiny screen and a clamshell design that looked and felt just like any other cellphone out there. Had Palm OS 4.1 was rock stable, had excellent battery life and worked as a phone/PDA remakably well. Second to that, the Treo 600.

i actually am a rep at a corporate store and i agree on the majority of them not knowing the extact specs. too many phones to know everything. but yes, the 2.3 on the nexus without bloat is going to be way faster. plus the hummingbird is a way better processor than the crapdragon
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    Yeah, makes you wonder why they get the commission instead of us...

This Moto is really picking my interest as it reminds me of the Treo(s) I used for so many years. Really tempted to pick up one just to play with for a couple of weeks. I will not discard my Nexus, but I certainly like the Moto form factor.

Hope this one works better for you.
    Have not discarded my NS4G yet but I might just keep it aside and get the Moto until I see an update and I too have owned mostly all types of smartphones from Windows to E71 to Curves to iPhones and of course Android and it might not make sense to some of you but to me its clear.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    i actually am a rep at a corporate store and i agree on the majority of them not knowing the extact specs. too many phones to know everything. but yes, the 2.3 on the nexus without bloat is going to be way faster. plus the hummingbird is a way better processor than the crapdragon
    I can't be the only one that laughed here. The XPRT uses OMAP like the rest of the Motorola droid phones. I just find the combination here amusing

(Not making fun. Just thought it was funny)

I don’t blame you. I checked it out myself and felt it was a nice phone. I think its kind of a no brainer to take the nexus s back. I got my phone on launch day for 199, took it back and they waved the restocking fee and reset my upgrade. I can now get it again in a few months if they fix the signal issues for 150 or just get something else if I chose. Either way it’s a win. The guy at the sprint store told me that they are getting more returns now than sales so the price may drop even more. I would think if this were just a software issue it would have been fixed buy now. I know the evo signal issue was fixed before the 30 day period was up. It’s kind of funny that I can get a nexus s for less than a year old evo 4g. They know that there is a real problem or they would not be dropping the price already.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

[QUOTE=draggenballs;995235]I don

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidOne View Post
    It may be so if you are new to the smartphone arena... for someone like me who has owned multiple smartphones since the introduction of the Handspring Treo 270 (or a former long time BB user), it makes perfect sense.

If I were to pick the best smartphone I have ever owned it would be the Sprint Samsung SPH-i500 ~ look it up. Had a tiny screen and a clamshell design that looked and felt just like any other cellphone out there. Had Palm OS 4.1 was rock stable, had excellent battery life and worked as a phone/PDA remakably well. Second to that, the Treo 600.
    Wow. You have just proven that the problem is NOT the Nexus S. It's you.

My history with smartphones goes back as far as yours. I can't imagine trying to go back to using one of those clunky, slow, poor resolution phones. I think you've just gotten spoiled, and are forgetting how far we have come. Don't forget too, that you would need to forgo the following features, at the very least: Bluetooth, wifi, camera, predictive text, GPS, and on and on and on.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Everybody likes what they like. I don't tell everyone my evolution is the best phone just that i am happy with it. Droid pro is perfect for people that like blackberrys. I can't stand outdated blackberrys personally. But alot of people like them. To each his own

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

My evo. Stupid auto correct

The XPRT seems like a good device if you want a physical keyboard. If I were looking for something in that form factor, I would definitely want that.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    Everybody likes what they like. I don't tell everyone my evolution is the best phone just that i am happy with it. Droid pro is perfect for people that like blackberrys. I can't stand outdated blackberrys personally. But alot of people like them. To each his own
    Yeah but the best part is that its not Blackberry ...its Android

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    ^ this

That's why some people go running back to Blackberry from Android. People vary wildly in their likes/needs, which is why it's nice to have so many choices.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post

FALSE. my wife has the XPRT and it is just as fast as the nexus for normal use. The screen is smaller but the flip side is she can ACTUALLY MAKE CALLS THAT DON'T DROP AND CONNECT TO 3G AND WIFI WITHOUT DROPPING. Can't do that with nexus with all its bells and whistles. The android experience on the 4G is great but you can't do what a phone is suppose to do then what is the point?!?

Major complaint on the XPRT is there is no cases. The droid pro cases do not fit, the screen is slightly bigger and phone is slightly bigger.

I'm 2 days past my 30 days and I'm stuck, looks like I'll drop the phone on ebay and get the EVO or XPRT

See proves my point. I read in a previous post it had the snapdragon so I made that comparison. I haven't bothered learning anything about this phone so I didn't know the processor. Yes the omap is better than the snapdragon lol. My bad. Internet gods forgive me

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

I don't have any signal issues, the nexus is the right phone for me. I like getting updates and the newest software is more important than the newest hardware.

I love the speed, battery life, software. this phone is amazing. I have another upgrade and you better believe I will be trying out the 3d in a few weeks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I don't have any signal issues, the nexus is the right phone for me. I like getting updates and the newest software is more important than the newest hardware.

I love the speed, battery life, software. this phone is amazing. I have another upgrade and you better believe I will be trying out the 3d in a few weeks

Where are these so called "updates " I keep hearing about? Everyone is quick to throw that out but here we sit over a month later and still no update for the signal issues or any thing else for that matter. You say you like this phone because you like getting updates well I guess that would be cool. How long does a Google update usually take? I know it did not take this long for HTC to "update " the 4g last year.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by block944 View Post
    FALSE. my wife has the XPRT and it is just as fast as the nexus for normal use. The screen is smaller but the flip side is she can ACTUALLY MAKE CALLS THAT DON'T DROP AND CONNECT TO 3G AND WIFI WITHOUT DROPPING. Can't do that with nexus with all its bells and whistles. The android experience on the 4G is great but you can't do what a phone is suppose to do then what is the point?!?

Major complaint on the XPRT is there is no cases. The droid pro cases do not fit, the screen is slightly bigger and phone is slightly bigger.

I'm 2 days past my 30 days and I'm stuck, looks like I'll drop the phone on ebay and get the EVO or XPRT
    I cannot comment on how the signal situation is since i'm not on sprint, but if your just talking about the performance of each phone in day to day situations, I've played with the Droid X and the Droid 2 enough to know that they are slllooooowwww especially once you actually start loading up the home pages with widgets. Those phones are soo sllloooow to me that it almost seems unusable. If I was to show my iphone friends a Droid X or a Droid 2, they would ask me why its so slow and laggy.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Your gonna regret this.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast