My device has been ordered... Would should I know?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I ordered my ns4g and although UPS has yet to update aside from EoB Wednesday to EoB Thursday, I'm excited!

What should I know or look out for to ensure my device is close to perfect (if not perfect)?

What kind of battery does it use? Is it the same as the Galaxy and/or Samsung Focus (wp7)?

Slippery? I rock all my devices naked. Might rock a gel or put it in a belt clip-case when at work.

Tricks, tips?

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus S Monday and so far I like it a lot. I changed from the EVO but it was only after weeks of back and forth trips to best buy. After hearing all of the bad things about the nexus I decided to give it a try. After two days i'm really starting to like this phone. I have not had any of the issue reported in some of the forums. Yes, the 3G and WiFi signals do seem to be weaker than on the EVO but I have not had any dropped calls or wifi connection problems. I think the confusion is that the EVO and other phones has six bars and the Nexus has 4 bars. Naturally, the scale it uses to calculate the signal is going to appear be weaker. My suggestion is to just forget about all of the negativity on the forums and just try it for yourself. In my opinion the screen on the Nexus is not as good as the EVO even though everybody raves about the AMOLED it's not that great to me. Minor issue.

As for the device itself it feels so much better in my hands than the EVO and is faster because it does not have the bloat that the EVO has. I think you will enjoy it.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Nexus S Monday and so far I like it a lot. I changed from the EVO but it was only after weeks of back and forth trips to best buy. After hearing all of the bad things about the nexus I decided to give it a try. After two days i'm really starting to like this phone. I have not had any of the issue reported in some of the forums. Yes, the 3G and WiFi signals do seem to be weaker than on the EVO but I have not had any dropped calls or wifi connection problems. I think the confusion is that the EVO and other phones has six bars and the Nexus has 4 bars. Naturally, the scale it uses to calculate the signal is going to appear be weaker. My suggestion is to just forget about all of the negativity on the forums and just try it for yourself. In my opinion the screen on the Nexus is not as good as the EVO even though everybody raves about the AMOLED it's not that great to me. Minor issue.

As for the device itself it feels so much better in my hands than the EVO and is faster because it does not have the bloat that the EVO has. I think you will enjoy it.

Enjoy and welcome!

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my ns4g and although UPS has yet to update aside from EoB Wednesday to EoB Thursday, I'm excited!

What should I know or look out for to ensure my device is close to perfect (if not perfect)?

What kind of battery does it use? Is it the same as the Galaxy and/or Samsung Focus (wp7)?

Slippery? I rock all my devices naked. Might rock a gel or put it in a belt clip-case when at work.

Tricks, tips?

You'll want a case because the glossy black finish will scratch easy and probably a screen protector because there is no gorilla glass. Amazon has a deal on a black gel case, six screen protectors, and a stylus for 6 bucks. Its marketed as a Nexus S case not a Nexus S 4G but it works all the same. I believe i put a link up in the accessories section.

From Archos With Love

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You'll want a case because the glossy black finish will scratch easy and probably a screen protector because there is no gorilla glass. Amazon has a deal on a black gel case, six screen protectors, and a stylus for 6 bucks. Its marketed as a Nexus S case not a Nexus S 4G but it works all the same. I believe i put a link up in the accessories section.
Amazon.com search = nexus s curve case

herbthehammer

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought this
http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/de...70597949&catId=&ev=prodView#customer-overview zagg

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=2553277&pid=1218335742853&catId=&ev=prodView otterbox like case

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onli...=Carry+&+Protect&selectedAccessoryID=CZS2033R

Sprint clear argyle gel case.

I used a sharp and new exacto knife to cut the plastic on the gel case out where the volume and power buttons were because they didn't line up right and that made the buttons too sensitive. I got the zagg on the screen and let it set and dry for a few hours before putting a case on it. I had best buy put it on because they do a better job than I ever could with screen protectors. I tried the inner case for the platinum but the two halves didn't snap together good. Besides, I thought it would be better to have a soft case nearest the body of the phone. I thought hard plastic would be more apt to scratch. Okay so I put the clear gel on and then the rubber layer case then the hard plastic outer finger grip like case. It comes with a holster too. I cut the rubber camera lens flap off so it wouldn't look as obvious if I were taking incognito shots. Yeah it's bulky but all this together should really protect the phone from a drop.

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks y'all. I got the gel they sell through my job, but I really hate putting anything on it, I'll see how it works out naked.

I think if I do eventually put something on, it might be the Invisible Shield.

So far so good! Charged it up and now letting it drain out to charge it again.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I would just get the invisible shield. You can't notice the screen protector at all, but the backside cover is noticeable but adds a little extra grip.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

for sure... thanks. i usually get the device if i like it and decide as well because 10/10 times, i never have those issues being mentioned. (ie. iPhone 4)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
one thing that's starting to annoy me is how it turns off... lol.

it's not that it's a bad thing, but it keeps making me think the screen died. i get scared :(

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site

it's not that it's a bad thing, but it keeps making me think the screen died. i get scared :(

Lol I actually like it. I find it very "cool" and everyone who sees it says "Oh wow, that's actually pretty cool". Sure its kind of useless but its whatever :D

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Lol I actually like it. I find it very "cool" and everyone who sees it says "Oh wow, that's actually pretty cool". Sure its kind of useless but its whatever :D
i don't dislike it, but i treat my devices like a baby... any small imperfection, i usually get a replacement. but it's cool now because i noticed since writing that, i've actually not flinched once (happened while typing this... ha)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

You can disable this by going to: Settings>Display>Animation>No animations

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
What's up with the charging? I let it drain all the way until it died and now I'm charging... I started charging it around 6pm and it is now 10:30pm. It seemed to take about 4 hours the first time while at work, but did last over 24 hours, was even streaming pandora for the last 4 hours before it died out.

Does it normally take that long? I googled and saw some people complaining about it and some saying it was quick for them. Some stated they started using a charger that charged it faster, but how does that effect the device?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What's up with the charging? I let it drain all the way until it died and now I'm charging... I started charging it around 6pm and it is now 10:30pm. It seemed to take about 4 hours the first time while at work, but did last over 24 hours, was even streaming pandora for the last 4 hours before it died out.

Newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Nexus S) seem to take forever to charge. It's normal.

Does it normally take that long? I googled and saw some people complaining about it and some saying it was quick for them. Some stated they started using a charger that charged it faster, but how does that effect the device?

Charging using a wall/outlet charger is much faster than charging using your computer.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
That's the only way I charge.

Thanks. I can't complain since I got that much juice on 4g.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad