Wifi Sleep

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My wifi seems to sleep when the screen turns off despite the sleep policy being set to never. Does anyone NOT have this problem? It's rather annoying when my Mog stream stops constantly. Keeping the screen on constantly fixes the problem, but this is not a viable solution. Is there any known fix?

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience with the WiFi on the Nexus S 4G concluded that is was janky at best and most often unusable or at least unreliable. #1 reason I returned mine.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My wifi stays connected when the screen is off and i can stream music with the screen off without an issue. Your holding it wrong (joke) :p

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you stream music with the screen off?

After the screen goes off, it will play as far as it had buffered and then pause. I will then hear some clicking/loading sounds while it loads more after which the music will resume. I will then have periodic stops from there on out. This all goes away if I keep the screen on or turn the screen on and off before the device locks. I think I forgot to mention that this mainly happens with the Mog app when I have the "high quality on wifi" setting on (which streams @ 256 - 320kbps). So this may be more a problem of the wifi slowing down as opposed to sleeping completely. Could this be one of Google's weird power saving features (like with the 4g)?

@KSmithInNY: It seems you can actually pretty reliably get the wifi signal to drop by holding the phone near the bottom hump (at least I can). So maybe not so much of a joke :( Could be karma for making so much fun of iPhone 4 users last summer...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
@KSmithInNY: It seems you can actually pretty reliably get the wifi signal to drop by holding the phone near the bottom hump (at least I can). So maybe not so much of a joke :( Could be karma for making so much fun of iPhone 4 users last summer...

damn karma!!!! I've just gotten used to the way the NS radios are. I'll be looking forward to an update for sure but for the time being I'm just kind of meh about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63