Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default I now have a Nexus S 4G AND an HTC Sensation

    This whole signal thing is pissing me off. I get fine reception at home, but around town, its hit or miss. I went to a 5th place yesterday where I went from 1 bar of 3G to 1x then to...roaming? Roaming? Meanwhile I have a friend who needed to pay her TMobile bill so I walk in and go play with the Sensation. Had 4 full bars of 4G in an area I was lucky to get 2 bars of 3G, forget 4G. So long story short, I picked one up for a trial. Its a very nice phone but it isnt as lightning fast as I was expecting. In fact, there are some times where the Nexus will load up a page quicker. There is no clear winner really, just depends on the area I am in. Some areas the Nexus S gets a better signal, some the Sensation will. However, I have yet to get full bars of 3G or 4G on the Nexus but I can get full 4G on the Sensation. One thing that sucks about the Sensation is I get no signal in my apartment which is typical of TMobile here. Luckily they have the wifi calling feature, so that works.

    A few things I do prefer about the Sensation is the screen which surprises me since it looked washed out in all the reviews. I like being able to do voice and data at the same time since TMobile is GSM. I like having a SIM card and I like the build quality better, plus it shoots 1080p video and has an 8MP camera. Still not sure which I will keep though, have to compare some more today.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default

    "I now have a Nexus S 4G and A HTC Sensation"
  3. #3  

    Default

    Thanks, FocusFreak, good to know! I've been looking for a great option to replace my Vibrant, and even though I've had mucho reception problems with Sprint in the past, I've been wanting to check out the Nexus S 4G anyway...glutton for punishment, I guess . However, I will definitely be looking at the Sensation tomorrow.
    Thanks again!
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    "I now have a Nexus S 4G and A HTC Sensation"
    Focusfreak is correct. You are wrong. The "H" has a vowel sound which requires "an" instead of "a" preceding it.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default

    Alright so now that English class is over can we all agree to speak about the subject at hand, cell phones? Thanks in advance.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  6. #6  

    Default

    How are the data speeds on T-Mobile?
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    Focusfreak is correct. You are wrong. The "H" has a vowel sound which requires "an" instead of "a" preceding it.
    i dont believe that. B/c if the word was hour for instance then that would be correct. But htc is not a word. It is letters so the H does not have a vowel sound to it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    How are the data speeds on T-Mobile?
    Its funny because if you go to Speakeasy and compare the 2 phones, most the time the Nexus has much faster speeds but when you fire up the same website, the Sensation opens it faster. I am not sure how reliable that Speakeasy site is. I have never seen a higher speed on Speakeasy than like 1.61 down for the Sensation but it will run faster than the Nexus that gets like 6-8Mbps down which doesnt add up. I know Quadrant isnt optimized for dual core phones yet and thats throws off the speeds, could be the same with Speakeasy. I dunno.
  9. #9  

    Default

    ^ The Sensation also has dual core so that could be the reason the page loads faster.
  10. #10  
    Linkchomp's Avatar
    Droid Monster

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

    Default

    The problem though is that it's an HTC phone.
  11. #11  
    Muscle Master#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    The problem though is that it's an HTC phone.
    I had no problems with my HTC Evo Shift.

    Back on topic

    The signal issues is starting to **** me off too.. that update can't come fast enough
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    I had no problems with my HTC Evo Shift.

    Back on topic

    The signal issues is starting to **** me off too.. that update can't come fast enough
    I am really surprised that an update hasn't come yet. It makes me think that its more than a software update.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I am really surprised that an update hasn't come yet. It makes me think that its more than a software update.
    Bingo!
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    i dont believe that. B/c if the word was hour for instance then that would be correct. But htc is not a word. It is letters so the H does not have a vowel sound to it.
    Nope, the "H" still sounds like it begins with a long "A." FocusFreak is still correct.
    Now if only our signal issues would be as easily resolved.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I am really surprised that an update hasn't come yet. It makes me think that its more than a software update.
    Which means what exactly?
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karatechess View Post
    Which means what exactly?
    That it could be a hardware problem that can't be fixed.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newswoman View Post
    Nope, the "H" still sounds like it begins with a long "A." FocusFreak is still correct.
    Now if only our signal issues would be as easily resolved.
    **** all this ****.
  18. #18  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

    Default

    Which could lead me to the EVO 3D next week... I like my Nexus, in fact, love it, but I get 1-2 bars whereas my Pre gets full bars in the same room of my house -- my den! Everywhere I go, it's the same thing.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
  19. #19  
    Trandz#CB's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm glad I'm not getting ANY signal issues. In fact where I live I am getting a better signal on my nexus then I did with my evo shift. Def made the right choice with the phone, i love it.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Well after 3 days of testing and considering, I think I will be keeping the Sensation and selling the Nexus. The only thing I really prefer on the Nexus over the Sensation is the speakerphone and thats about it. Even when I have had no 4G signal on Tmobile, I have at least been able to get 2G and not go into roaming like I did on the Nexus several times. Its too bad they didnt up the specs on the Nexus for Sprint or change it somehow because these new phones out now and the ones coming in the next month or so really take it to the next level. Google is usually a step ahead so I dunno. This is also the 3rd Samsung phone in a row with a weak radio. Hopefully the Nexus 3 will be killer and out by the years end.
  21. #21  

    Default

    OK, I got it. Because the Nexus is defective and unable to have the reception strength experienced by other handsets on the Sprint Network. The solution is to switch to T-Mobile?

    That's cool, but your comparison lacks any kind of validity. The Nexus is ham-stringed for whatever reason. Comparing the reception plagued NS4G to the Sensation is not really a fare fight. If you were happy with Sprint for all this time why jump ship now?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    FocusFreak's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    319 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessness View Post
    OK, I got it. Because the Nexus is defective and unable to have the reception strength experienced by other handsets on the Sprint Network. The solution is to switch to T-Mobile?

    That's cool, but your comparison lacks any kind of validity. The Nexus is ham-stringed for whatever reason. Comparing the reception plagued NS4G to the Sensation is not really a fare fight. If you were happy with Sprint for all this time why jump ship now?
    Well I am sorry but I pay over $100 a month for service and I do not expect to travel 15 minutes to a heavily populated area by a major airport, walk into a hotel and have a signal so bad I drop into roaming. That is completely unacceptable. It happened in several other places too and I live in Orange County by Disneyland and Angel stadium with Sprint towers all around, not like we are talking the boonies here. Having said that, I have not canceled my Sprint service yet. I will look at the 3D when it comes out and if I like it and have no reception issues like the Nexus, I will probably buy it and cancel TMobile within my 30 days. If not, I will close my Sprint account, keep the Sensation or possibly get an unlocked Galaxy S2.

Posting Permissions

B