Sprint Working Nexus S 4G Update To OS 2.4?

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I think 2.4 will still be Gingerbread. A couple of days after the NS4G launch, a co-worker of mine activated one and it had a weird background image and when we went to the "About phone" screen, it said the software version was 2.4 and the build number said GINGERBREAD

are you sure it didn't say 2.3.4?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont care what number you put in front of it 2.3.4.5.6 just fix the radios and we will all be happy!

This statement rings true for more than just the Nexus 4g and its radios, I think this works for any device when it comes to performance issues. Put any number you want in the OS just give us something that fixes it! :)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath on it. I just don't see 2.4 being the next build to fix android on the Nexus. That's my number concern, lol.

(Apparently they fixed the GV+S for discounted accounts I just noticed [I know I'm late]. I took a leap and tried it out again, lol)

alpinejag

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
my nexus s4g will only charge to 95% ive tried dr battery and same results any ideas? is this normal?

It's normal. It's to prevent over-charging the battery and damaging it. Pretty much everything with a li-ion battery does it, most devices just display 100% to be comforting.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
His a$$ told him so...

Even if that was case, my a$$ would be correct. face it people the Nexus S 4G was a FAIL.

But lets pretend that we are one day to receive a magical update to fix this issue.... yeah lets do that instead

Here read this well written comment on Googles Nexus s 4G radio issue forum..

kliftonjk
Level 1
6/17/11

Hate to break it to you, but Google is all about numbers of advertisers, period. Therefore we are the product, and they need numbers... The sheer numbers say the amount of people upset about the Nexus are completely irrelevant to them as a whole.

If I was in Google's seat, I'd ignore this issue and go forward, the numbers are in their favor if they ignore it... If they confirm it, that will be blasted across the media and a larger number of "products" / people will be affected.

Android will continue with or without the Nexus, as it is a very small part of this.

Just look at the Chromebook and you'll see Google doesn't get hardware.

Seriously, just go trade it in for another phone and move on with your lives... Nothing is going to be resolved here, in any kind of timely fashion, if at all. And if it does, it will probably happen quietly, I doubt they're going to make a fuss about it.
Did you find this answer helpful? Sign in to vote. Report abuse.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...Hate to break it to you, but Google is all about numbers of advertisers, period. Therefore we are the product, and they need numbers... The sheer numbers say the amount of people upset about the Nexus are completely irrelevant to them as a whole.

If I was in Google's seat, I'd ignore this issue and go forward, the numbers are in their favor if they ignore it... If they confirm it, that will be blasted across the media and a larger number of "products" / people will be affected.

Android will continue with or without the Nexus, as it is a very small part of this.

Seriously, just go trade it in for another phone and move on with your lives... Nothing is going to be resolved here, in any kind of timely fashion, if at all. And if it does, it will probably happen quietly, I doubt they're going to make a fuss about it.

While this happens to be an opinion and not official information, unfortunately I find myself in agreement with it... let's hope I am wrong.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Even if that was case, my a$$ would be correct. face it people the Nexus S 4G was a FAIL.

But lets pretend that we are one day to receive a magical update to fix this issue.... yeah lets do that instead

Here read this well written comment on Googles Nexus s 4G radio issue forum..

My Nexus S 4g has none of the issues people have been complaining about, & smokes my EVO in every way!! Maine's not a "fail", guess I must've gotten the only one that works right.

kliftonjk
Level 1
6/17/11

Hate to break it to you, but Google is all about numbers of advertisers, period. Therefore we are the product, and they need numbers... The sheer numbers say the amount of people upset about the Nexus are completely irrelevant to them as a whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty