NS4G Not Connecting to Airave

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got an Airave due to the amount of dropped calls and signal issues I was having at my house... I set it up and everything is working - the problem is that my NS4G will not connect to it. My fiance has an Optimus S and it connects just fine. I have tried rebooting, putting it in airplane mode, and messing with the roaming options. Has anyone else had this problem? Any insight on this would be a great help.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
how do you know is not connecting.
When placing a call do you hear 3 short beeps before making and receiving calls ?

If not try updating profile and PRL

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
how do you know is not connecting.
When placing a call do you hear 3 short beeps before making and receiving calls ?

If not try updating profile and PRL

Because my signal stinks, when I dial out I don't hear beeps, and when I dial *99 to test it I get a message saying the feature code I'm dialing is not valid. My girl's Optimus gets the beeps, *99 works, and her signal is great.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you log on to the Sprint website and add your phone number as an approved number for the Air Rave to support

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you log on to the Sprint website and add your phone number as an approved number for the Air Rave to support

Well, it was set to all...but I changed it to just have my number and my fiance's number. Also set the range. I guess I should have added...I was able to get it to connect a couple times by going into airplane mode and coming back...but it would only stay connected for a few minutes. I know this because I dialed *99 after about 5 minutes.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I have an old Air Rave, and although the bars jump around, I'm always able to make the calls. Teh *99 would always work when I was 1 bar though.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I have an old Air Rave, and although the bars jump around, I'm always able to make the calls. Teh *99 would always work when I was 1 bar though.

I'm wondering if it my NS4G won't connect for the same reasons that it has trouble with WIFI. It is annoying that a entry level Android phone like the Optimus connects to it and not my phone.

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering if it my NS4G won't connect for the same reasons that it has trouble with WIFI. It is annoying that a entry level Android phone like the Optimus connects to it and not my phone.

I'm having the same issue now, and I'm unable to update my PRL. I'm beginning to get very pissy about all of this. Im dropping calls so frequently now that people are complaining and this is a phone I use a lot for business too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol