Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default R1, W1, W2 and G

I was just taking the battery out on my phone and noticed something that looks like a input etc. on the back inside of the Nexus S. They were labeled R1, W1,W2 and G. Anyone know what those are for?
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

NFC. If i recall the inside of my battery cover, you're talking about the NFC stuff. I have a case on which im not going to take off (it's a PITA) but I'll bet thats what you're referring too. Looks like little metal connectors? Gold in color? Thats for NFC

EDIT - Like that signature BTW. Very funny!
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM + Netarchy

Those connectors are for external radio frequency antennas, commonly used in repair and testing. I'm not sure which antenna does what, but those are going to be used for wireless data, calling, gps, etc.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok, thanks for the replies. I was just wondering. Have a great day
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Default Re: R1, W1, W2 and G

They are antenna extentions. Wifi, 1x, 3g wimax radios
    List of my current addictions:
    NS4G - Unlocked Stock ROM + Matr1x-v4
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

Default Re: R1, W1, W2 and G

The question about R1, W1, W2 and G was not answered, because I am here to ask the same question.

What is the meaning of the points labeled R1, W1, W2 and G? And what are their purpose? Thanks!