Marketplace thinks I'm in Korea?

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a brand spankin' new NS4G here, and I went to search the marketplace for "Scorecenter," and I got nothing but a bunch of Korean applications pop up. Even the marketplace homepage shows Korean apps. Has anybody had their phone thinking they're in Korea????

Tried rebooting, no help. When I open up Maps, the GPS pinpoints me just fine, but for some reason I have the Korean marketplace on my phone. Very strange.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Nope, has never happened to me. I would suggest clearing data for the Market app and see what happens. If you are not familiar, you can do it by pressing menu key on any screen, then selecting Manage apps > Market > Clear data.

While there, you may want to uninstall any Market updates you may have installed on your phone.

Good luck...

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope, has never happened to me. I would suggest clearing data for the Market app and see what happens. If you are not familiar, you can do it by pressing menu key on any screen, then selecting Manage apps > Market > Clear data.

While there, you may want to uninstall any Market updates you may have installed on your phone.

Good luck...

Hey, thanks for offering a suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried it -- cleared the data -- and nothing has changed. Really strange!

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey, thanks for offering a suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried it -- cleared the data -- and nothing has changed. Really strange!

Very strange, first time I've seen someone complain about this. Have you tried a factory reset? If that does not help I would exchange for a new unit.

Have you found any other Korean version of stock apps loaded on your phone?