Voice Privacy question and Tethering question

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Good Afternoon,

i have a couple of questions:

1) what is exactly "Voice Privacy" under call settings? what does it do? i tried searching in the owners manual (Found here: http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/nexus_s/samsung_nexus_s_ug.pdf ) but it doesn't even show Voice Privacy under Call Setting section (Page 362) can anyone help?

2) i went to the Sprint store today contemplating about switching this phone for the Evo 3d, but after playing with it i wasn't too thrilled. internet was a bit laggy and the screen scrolling was better in the reps own 3D than the display model. But something else kept me from returning the NS4G and that is the free tethering, but to my surprise the rep (who also owns a NS4G) said that there will be an update to eliminate the free tethering. Does anyone else have info about this?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
...but to my surprise the rep (who also owns a NS4G) said that there will be an update to eliminate the free tethering. Does anyone else have info about this?

Well I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint rolls an update soon to "patch" the free tethering on our phones and not address any of the other issues raised here and elsewhere...

as for voice privacy, I am in the same bandwagon as you... I have no clue what it does so I keep it off.

JJuchems

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I use PDANet to tether on my moment, so it should work on the Nexus. I see Sprint ditching the tethering quick. I was told by a friend it is in the terms no tethering, but I have not checked.I did not know that it is currently open for free tethering, I will give it a try. I don't want to pay $30 to make my phone a WiFI hot spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21