1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Default Voicemail Notification

I am loving the Nexus S. Very sweet phone, and seems like it does a far better job finding a data signal han my Evo. And it's fast. There's a few little problems like the volume being a little lower than my evo, but there's one thing I can't seem to fix - the voice mail notification icon. How do I clear that? it's been up every since I programmed my phone and got it activated.
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Default Re: Voicemail Notification

The way I have done it on the Nexus and the Evo after the GB update is to call from another phone and leave me a voicemail, listen to the new voicemail and delete after finished. This has always cleared the voicemail icon on my phones. Hope this helps.

In regards to the low volume, I have been using Volume+ on my Nexus, it increases the media and alarms volume to an acceptable level with little distortion. Have not found any difference in ringtone/notification volumes but speakerphone volume seems better. Using a volume boost of 5-6 db seems to work best on my phone. No ill-effects so far that I can see.

I bought the full app, but they recently released a free version so you may want to give it a try.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Cool, thanks. I'll give that app a try.

I did try using one of my joke Gmail accounts and GV to send a voicemail, but I didn't delete it rather I just archived it. I'll try it again.
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    Cool, thanks. I'll give that app a try.

I did try using one of my joke Gmail accounts and GV to send a voicemail, but I didn't delete it rather I just archived it. I'll try it again.
    I don't use GV so I'm not sure if this trick will help but is worth trying.

Some phone's have a "Clear Voicemail Icon" in the phone settings. I know my HTC Inspire does.

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by xzstazx View Post
    Some phone's have a "Clear Voicemail Icon" in the phone settings. I know my HTC Inspire does.
    We are talking about the Nexus S 4G here and this phone does not. He is also talking about VM on Google Voice, an entirely different animal.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Yeah, my Nexus doesn't have the clear voicemail notification off my phone.

I'm still trying to get used to GV on my phone, but I prefer the native text app over GV
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World