Do I have to go back to my Evo? My NS4G has no service at all.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus S for some reason dropped my service and it is now still showing Searching for Service. It's been like that for about 15 minutes now. It's like the second or third time it's done this. And I usually have to reboo to fix it.

my service isn't great at all in my house. Verizon is the same way because I tested it out on a DINC.

Could that be the reason why my service dropped? It never did that with my Evo though my Evo would always try and keep a 3G connction, it never tried connecting to a 2G service like my Nexus did.

What do I do from here?

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do I have to go back to my Evo? My NS4G has no service at all

Your EVO actually did connect to the 2G network, it just didn't show it. I saw the same thing that you see today on your NS4G on my old EVO when I ran a non-sense rom like Cyanogen.

As for your phone not being able to reconnect at all, that's kinda creepy. Perhaps you got one of the ones with the radio problems people talk about. Either way, it seems your problem lies much more with your service at your home. Have you tried one of those signal boosters? I have never tried one, but I have seen posts that people who have bad signals at home have gotten them free through Sprint.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Your EVO actually did connect to the 2G network, it just didn't show it. I saw the same thing that you see today on your NS4G on my old EVO when I ran a non-sense rom like Cyanogen.

As for your phone not being able to reconnect at all, that's kinda creepy. Perhaps you got one of the ones with the radio problems people talk about. Either way, it seems your problem lies much more with your service at your home. Have you tried one of those signal boosters? I have never tried one, but I have seen posts that people who have bad signals at home have gotten them free through Sprint.
Yup. I'd try exchanging the Nexus for another and/or approach Sprint about an Airave.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Well I doubt the Airave would do much since I am roaming off Verizon and it picks up once I am outside. Or will it work? It's onl temporary since I am only in my location for a short period of time and my usual location has excellent coverage.

But I bought the Nexus S new off contract but I didn't buy it from Sprint. How would I handle that?

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I would still try getting an Airave. I have no service at my house but with an Airave it is great. I have had one from the beginning of my service with Sprint, 2 years now, and I just got an upgrade on the Airave. It is so much better than the old one. Be sure you clarify with them that you want it no charge for the unit, no charge for the monthly use and no service fee for getting it. They tried to charge me an upgrade fee for the new one and I refuted that and it was removed.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

So an Airave will work even in a rural area where coverage isn't good in a house to where it roams?

How do I go about getting it free? Do I need to call retentions? And will it address my Nexus completely dropping service?

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Happens to me sometimes. I just turn airplane mode on then back off, the phone will reconnect.

Just in case you're in the Oklahoma area, Sprint has been doing some tower maintenance around the state. I didn't have service for a few days last week, but now my signal is much stronger than it was before!

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

The Airave is like having a mini tower in your house. It connects to your broadband router and syncs with GPS satellite. When I got the new one I had to call Sprint to have them turn something on in the Airave so it would work properly. If you cannot get signal in your house their should be no question that you should get one for free. After all, you are paying for cell service and it should work no matter where you are. If you can't get one out of the customer service people then ask to be transferred to retentions and tell them you will cancel your account because the service is useless. You will probably get one. They will want you to try one to see if it helps. If it doesn't then there is another problem and you can return it to the Sprint store so you won't be charged for the unit. The unit belongs to Sprint.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

So if I manage to somehow get them to send me an airave, I won't have to pay for the device or the fee for it? And will it work even if I'm in an roaming area?

I do have retentions number, I had to call them once before to get something I wanted regarding my other phone.

But on a similar note, will any signal booster work?

I got bored and did an eBay search for one and came across this one -

CDMA CELLULAR PHONE SIGNAL BOOSTER ANTENNA HOME HOUSE ! - eBay (item 350353301050 end time Jul-06-11 06:45:04 PDT)

How would it work if I bought an Airave off eBay? I saw several on there as well.

Nowhere near the Oklahoma area btw. But I have tried the Airplane mode trick and it did work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan