Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DLNA Question

I havent been able to find too much info about the Nexus S 4G's DLNA other than it has it. I've read that it only works over Bluetooth and also that it works only over wifi. Anyone know the real story about the NS4G DLNA?

Default Re: DLNA Question

Of course it does not work over bluetooth.Over wifi is correct.

i'm a bit confused too on this - is there a setting on the phone for DLNA. i have a samsung tv with dlna yet i don't see how to have the two communicate? the phone doesn't appear on my device list on the tv. thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

DLNA has to be the most difficult standard to find information on. Thanks for the wifi information. That's what I thoughtbut I read differently. It appears you need an app to take advantage of DLNA. I'll. Let you know which ones I try out and I like.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy807 View Post
    DLNA has to be the most difficult standard to find information on. Thanks for the wifi information. That's what I thoughtbut I read differently. It appears you need an app to take advantage of DLNA. I'll. Let you know which ones I try out and I like.
    What has DLNA support to go to?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    What has DLNA support to go to?
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but many computers, TVs, and gaming systems are DLNA certified or support DLNA