Install space?

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know for a fact how much internal storage is for apps? The atrix only gives you 1 gb.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ah thanks, I missed that. why!!?!? The droid 2 lets you use all of the 8 gb for apps! I don't understand this logic. Still, that's more than my evo 4g... Ugh.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I might be wrong, but it's my understanding that the Photon has 16gb of internal storage plus ships with an 8gb SD card. Of the 16gb internal, 8gb are split out for additional "SD card" space, and the remainder is taken up by the OS, Blur, pre-installed apps, etc., leaving you about 3gb of free native storage.

Shawheim

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I might be wrong, but it's my understanding that the Photon has 16gb of internal storage plus ships with an 8gb SD card. Of the 16gb internal, 8gb are split out for additional "SD card" space, and the remainder is taken up by the OS, Blur, pre-installed apps, etc., leaving you about 3gb of free native storage.

My Photon came with a 16gb sd card. And 16gb of combined internal storage.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Citizen Coyote

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So a little over 5 gb are taken for the OS and pre-installed apps? Doesn't that seem a little weird? The evo 4g has 1 gb internal and only 600 mb or so are taken for the same...

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So a little over 5 gb are taken for the OS and pre-installed apps? Doesn't that seem a little weird? The evo 4g has 1 gb internal and only 600 mb or so are taken for the same...

My split is probably off, but the real take-away is the phone has plenty of room for app storage, based on what we know and Shawheim's pics. :)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea 4 gbs is a lot of storage space.onless you plan on installing all the apps is the market you should be fine :) ... i use up only half my space on my Epic ad use half the apps i have on it. I'm always testing apps and deleting them if i dont need it. whats great is that Sprint has herd the cry for more storage just for apps and has met that need nicely... Props to Sprint.

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't want to bust anyone's bubble, but remember that the phone this guy has is a "pre" release phone so things may change. We will all know the actual amounts when the first person reports it on the 31st. I will be at my Sprint store at 12 noon when they open to swap out my Evo 4G for it as I am still within my 30 day new account take back thing.

One thing that ALL review sites need to start putting out there is the app install space, as this rapidly becoming more of an issue with all the new apps coming in today.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
- Phill Said in the forums its a 2.75GB for storage

- plus , if it will be like the Atrix? , then you can move apps from the apps only storage to the rest of the internal Storage , Basically just like Apps2SD feature (from Froyo & up) , only that you get an extra option to move the apps too , beside the SD card*

Well , any way 2.75GB is ALLOT for apps , I only have 130MB in my OG MILESTONE?

* : that's what the people are saying here & in XDA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis