Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any homescreen lag?

For us who have to wait to purchase the phone tomorrow, how bad are you early adopters finding lag on the home screen transitions or lag in general on the device. Half the video and written reviews on the net complain of lag but the other half don't mention a thing and say the device is speedy. Let me know what you're experiencing... Thanks!

Default Re: Any homescreen lag?

I have non whatsoever. I will say that it is faster than my 3VO was.

I haven't experienced any lag at all.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Have either of you tried GO Launcher with it?

Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Have either of you tried GO Launcher with it?
    I haven't tried any launchers yet.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

No lag. But I did get a message saying I could not open another browser cause I had too many open. I restarted the phone cause I did not know a fix. Did that happen to anyone else and if so how did u fix it

Its fast and all areas but the frame rate or something on the stock home screen is low so it appears laggy. Launcher pro proves that the phone can handle it. It's crazy smooth.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
    Its fast and all areas but the frame rate or something on the stock home screen is low so it appears laggy. Launcher pro proves that the phone can handle it. It's crazy smooth.
    This is exactly what reviewers were talking about in their reviews. I also noticed it when I messed with one at Sprint store on Friday. Perhaps a software update could fix this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    No lag. But I did get a message saying I could not open another browser cause I had too many open. I restarted the phone cause I did not know a fix. Did that happen to anyone else and if so how did u fix it
    You probably had too many tabs open that's why it only let's you have 4 tabs open I think.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

thats odd.. I have watched a ton of review videos and not one mentioned anything about lag. Well actually one did but it was literally seconds after he booted the device up and any phone will have slight lag right after a boot up.

No lag with mine, using Go Launcher EX and it's freakin fast. I could only deal with MotoBlur for only a few minutes....

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Very slight lag sometimes on home screen switching, with the stock launcher. With Launcher Pro, zero lag, blazing fast.