1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Individual mail box icons?

On my Evo and Evo3D I had individual email mail box icons on my home page for each f my email addresses...anybody know if I can do that with the Photon?

I'm not seeing how so far!
    Last edited by mapleleaf14; 07-31-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Default Re: Individual mail box icons?

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    On my Evo and Evo3D I had individual email mail box icons on my home page for each f my email addresses...anybody know if I can do that with the Photon?

I'm not seeing how so far!
    I've been searching too! It's under messaging, but not as an individual.

Help!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm getting used to using the unified messaging on the photon and I'm starting to like it...guess I just need to be less resistant to trying something new! Haha

It's cleaner than having 4 email boxes on my home screen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    I'm getting used to using the unified messaging on the photon and I'm starting to like it...guess I just need to be less resistant to trying something new! Haha

It's cleaner than having 4 email boxes on my home screen anyway.
    I got used to it using my old Hero. One tip though is to set your default mailbox.
    From the mail app go to:
    Menu > Email settings > Default email account.

There you can set the default first one displayed to which ever account you use the most.
    "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it."
    Robert Heinlein
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I've got the Messaging widget down in the "home row" or whatever it's called and when I open that, it's got icons for all my email boxes as well as my text messaging box - makes it pretty easy to choose whichever one I need to go to.

That is another option. I use my corporate email probably 80% of the time, so the default works well. But, if you are using two or more on a more or less even basis, having it pop up the icons for all of them may be more efficient.
    "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it."
    Robert Heinlein