Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default tethering

    Has anyone been able to tether with the P4G?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: tethering

    I hope someone can give instructions how, if possible. I'm new to android
  3. #3  

    Default Re: tethering

    I used pdanet on my evo before it was rooted and USB tethering worked great. Anyone tried it on the photon? There's a couple other programs out there that claim to do the same and cheaper, but I don't have any experience with them.
  4. #4  
    horn34's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default Re: tethering

    yep, Pdanet works great, I'm tethered to my netbook right now.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: tethering

    what and where can I find planet. Is it in the app catalogue
  6. #6  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    9,109 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    what and where can I find planet. Is it in the app catalogue
    PDA Net

    Download it from the Market and follow the information to get it up and running
  7. #7  

    Default Re: tethering

    Tethered my HP W7 laptop via Blue Tooth without app or subscription - no luck with Dell Streak 7. No luck with any HotSpot connection and haven't tried USB cable yet but assume would be fine with HP as well.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: tethering

    Easy Tether is better. I'm using it right now from my MoPho. Buy it for $9.99 from the Android market. It always connect right away. It also tethers while on the 4G network. But please don't abuse it. Unlimited data is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
    Easy Tether is better. I'm using it right now from my MoPho. Buy it for $9.99 from the Android market. It always connect right away. It also tethers while on the 4G network. But please don't abuse it. Unlimited data is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
    PdaNet without subscription works on 4g from the Photon as well.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by gmore1 View Post
    Tethered my HP W7 laptop via Blue Tooth without app or subscription - no luck with Dell Streak 7. No luck with any HotSpot connection and haven't tried USB cable yet but assume would be fine with HP as well.
    Hey, do you mind giving me the steps you took to tether your Photon via bluetooth to your pc? Mine doesn't seem to see it...would it be contingent on the moto drivers being installed? I think I only tried it BEFORE I installed the drivers.
  11. #11  
    Cubfan's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    How about wireless tethering unrooted over 4g?

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: tethering

    No additional drivers installed. If you're not familiar with tethering click 'help' in setting/tethering mobile hotspot for directions - you will initiate pairing via the Photon and after paired phone will say 'paired but not connected' and computer will show 'stereo audio paired'. Withing the BT manager on you computer click your phone settings, find 'networking' / 'access an external network via a BT gateway' and click connect - should be good to go. Instructions are for WM7, not sure about other OS.
  13. #13  
    pbd
    pbd is offline
    pbd's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by gmore1 View Post
    No additional drivers installed. If you're not familiar with tethering click 'help' in setting/tethering mobile hotspot for directions - you will initiate pairing via the Photon and after paired phone will say 'paired but not connected' and computer will show 'stereo audio paired'. Withing the BT manager on you computer click your phone settings, find 'networking' / 'access an external network via a BT gateway' and click connect - should be good to go. Instructions are for WM7, not sure about other OS.
    This worked for me, Photon connected over BT with my old Dell laptop running Windows XP no problem.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by gmore1 View Post
    No additional drivers installed. If you're not familiar with tethering click 'help' in setting/tethering mobile hotspot for directions - you will initiate pairing via the Photon and after paired phone will say 'paired but not connected' and computer will show 'stereo audio paired'. Withing the BT manager on you computer click your phone settings, find 'networking' / 'access an external network via a BT gateway' and click connect - should be good to go. Instructions are for WM7, not sure about other OS.
    Bleh. My laptop never got updated bluetooth drivers for Windows 7...lame. Gotta get a dongle. But thanks for the quick reply and info!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: tethering

    is tethering a free feature for the photon. I went through all the way through the tethering steps and never saw anything saying I would be charged. Of course it didn't work when I finished the process but I was expecting a warning
  16. #16  
    ccrooks's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

    Default Re: tethering

    How is the mobile hotspot? I haven't used it yet, but it always seemed like a really neat idea
  17. #17  

    Default Re: tethering

    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    is tethering a free feature for the photon. I went through all the way through the tethering steps and never saw anything saying I would be charged. Of course it didn't work when I finished the process but I was expecting a warning
    Regarding free, its my understanding that you have to request the service and pay to get it. I'm less than a week in on the Photon and nothing posted, and was never charged for use one the NS4G(which is fully open except 4G). As long as you don't abuse, doubt it will be an issue.

Posting Permissions