Random power down

halmo20#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced phone randomly shutting itself off and only way to recover is to pull the battery? Happened to me 4 times since this morning. Starting to get worried...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

GaryG

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced phone randomly shutting itself off and only way to recover is to pull the battery? Happened to me 4 times since this morning. Starting to get worried...

I won't go into too much detail, but I am exchanging my Photon tomorrow. It will only work as long as I keep using it, i.e., don't let it sit for more than 15 or 20 min. I have removed and reinstalled the battery several times today with several unexpected soft resets in-between. The phone is unusable.

anon(22885)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd say get rid of it while you still can. I had the same issue with my EVO, started out a few times a day and now its constant problem. On the EVO's end its a hardware issue.

halmo20#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
That's it. It happened this morning when I really needed to send something out right away. (and why is that battery cover so hard to take out!!!)

Sad to report but I'm returning it today. Need a phone that I can depend upon. I'm not sure if I have a defective unit or not. But at this point, I'm just too tired to deal with it anymore....

anon(382406)

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one, sort of, hopefully this is something Motorola will be aware of and fix soon, or I'm taking my brand new Photon back!

halmo20#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to give you guys quick update that I'm cautiously optimistic now. I've got a new unit about 7 hours ago and haven't had a shut down yet. I will keep you posted...

anon(382406)

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I made a few changes to the battery save method, did a basic power off and power back on and have gone 5 or 6 hours since without the random shut down. Hoping this works.

anon(382406)

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Replying to myself, I guess.
It's back at it this morning, I really like the phone, especially the radio, but why the random power downs?
Anyone else having any issues/luck?

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine did it today. I was using it just moments before. I hope this is acknowledged and fixed.

It has happened to me twice today. Both times the phone would power itself off. I am then unable to power it back on at all unless I pull the battery. Disappointing, but I guess it is not limited to my phone if others are experiencing it. We need to let Motorola and Sprint know asap so they can start planning a fix.

klebba

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It started about an hour ago and has done it 5 or 6 times. I had installed a few live wallpapers so i have uninstalled those to see if it makes a difference. You have to remove the battery for it to come back on, it is very annoying. If it keeps happening i am going to take it to the sprint store and exchange it, so far it has happened since i removed the wallpapers. Please keep posting, i want this issue fixed. Its a great phone otherwise.

klebba

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It started about an hour ago and has done it 5 or 6 times. I had installed a few live wallpapers so i have uninstalled those to see if it makes a difference. You have to remove the battery for it to come back on, it is very annoying. If it keeps happening i am going to take it to the sprint store and exchange it, so far it has happened since i removed the wallpapers. Please keep posting, i want this issue fixed. Its a great phone otherwise.
Sprint wants to repalce the phone. they say there will not be a fixed released until mid August. Bull****!