Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Nic

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Default Screen Off/Lock and No Lock

For the life of me I cannot get screen off and lock and no lock to work for me on the Photon. Both work fine on my evo, evo 3d.

Screen off and lock is just an app that allows you to turn your screen off and lock the phone by clicking an icon vs hitting the power button. No lock is an app that allows you to turn off your lock screen and lets you turn on (wake up) your phone by clicking the volume rocker vs hitting the power button.

I only can get Screen off and lock to take me to my lock screen (if no lock is disabled), or it does nothing at all (if no lock is disabled)? I can get get No lock to bypass the lock screen but I cant seem to wake up the phone ever by hitting the volume buttons.?

I have tried various different screen off/lock apps and no locking apps to no avail. Could this be an issue with Motoblur? Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen Off/Lock and No Lock

That was the first app i installed on Photon after using in on my EVO. works like a charm - no problems at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    That was the first app i installed on Photon after using in on my EVO. works like a charm - no problems at all...
    Which app did you install?

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

No Lock works on my Photon, but I only use the top power button to turn the screen back on. I have the volume keys set to not allow waking up the screen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Nic

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Thanks for the response. How to you set what you want the vol keys to do/not do?

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

mine also doesn't wake up on volume keys press... NOLOCK is what i have installed

did anyone figure out how to get the screen to turn on by pressing the volume keys???

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mcp6530 View Post
    did anyone figure out how to get the screen to turn on by pressing the volume keys???
    Upon opening NO LOCK right after install, there is a disclaimer stating volume keys does not work.