Battery Temperature

Cigar57

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the back of the photon gets kinda warm? checked temp on mine during one of its spells and was 105.8. These batteries take that kinda heat? just asking!

Cigar57

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
mostly when using 3g and we are supposed to be in an excellent coverage area. trying to use youtube really heats up. wifi is fine no change. go figure!

nasadoug

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get a resolution? I just got this phone, and it hit 113 the other day. Was using the gps/google nav but the screen was off and phone in my pocket. I've noticed it warmer as the battery gets low.

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Gps is an always on feature. Most if not all phones battery will warm up using this feature for a prolonged time. Add streaming audio using whatever service you like or even talking on the phone while gps nav and you'll def having a hot phone. The resolution i use while in car is to have an ac vent pointed towards the phone. Keeps it cool enough while nav and playing music.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Overheating isn't until 125+ iirc...

Yes, the phone gets hot on wifi also for me, but hotter on 3g, especially when watching netflix

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten mine nice and toasty a few times. Still haven't gotten it as hot as my buddy's BB 9650, which has been known to roast marshmallows and passing squirrels ....

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents.

You can leave off BT, GPS, 4G unless your using it & low signal can cause heat build up.

Yes streaming & charging can increase heat, as well as if cased, in your pocket, etc, but your phone should not get hot (approx 125' f is the Auto-Cut out for too Hot), my max temp in 9 months was 105 F (from data records)

Right now, on Performance Mode (always), No Data Savers, Gmail, Tweeter, Hotmail, Calendar sync always on, I have been uploading large pics to dropbox on Wifi & 3G (5 bars) for last one hour, using & charging my Photon & batt temp is 91.4 F, with TPU Case on it, indoor temp 77 F.

I have also found WiFi with Youtube is less heat then 3g or 4g.

I think 105 F is probably OK in heavy use, but everyone's environment, settings, signal strength, etc will vary results.

Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol