Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mapleleaf14#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First Thing Gmail Notifications

So I cant find a way to set up a separate sound with gmail notifications. I want to be able to have one sound for emails one sound for texts. Cant find how to do it.

Default Re: First Thing Gmail Notifications

Set the notification sound to whatever you want for emails, the go into the text message app and under it's settings, select the ringtone you want for texts there.

The email will use the sound set in the Sound setting under the main settings, but the texts will use the sound selected in the actual text message app.

Hope that makes sense (and was what you were looking for!)
    Thanked by:
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

awesome looks like it's working just waiting for a text. Thanks alot for your help

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 View Post
    Set the notification sound to whatever you want for emails, the go into the text message app and under it's settings, select the ringtone you want for texts there.

The email will use the sound set in the Sound setting under the main settings, but the texts will use the sound selected in the actual text message app.

Hope that makes sense (and was what you were looking for!)

No problem...glad it helped.

go in the g mail app then click on that button next to the home key menu i think go to more then setting click on ur e mail go to the bottom click on labels to notify then click on inbox... thats how u can change the g mail sound the txt sound is dif