# count for text message

willstwins2

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the message icon to display the count for text message and emails?

I can see the count if I go into messaging, but I would like the count icon on my phone, so I can see when I get a new message.

netcam

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering how to do this as well, with my Evo I had to add the mail/sms icon from the widget menu to get the unread count bubble but I cant see to figure it our on the Photon.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
For GMail I use one of the icon from Elixir + add-on
Text message I use Handcent icon widget to display the number of new test messages

Both are free on the market

jadiff

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am using Executive Assistant (free for now, I'll pay later if it works). So far I really like it. It shows me a one liner (changeable) of new SMS, email, missed calls and calendar events. I have mine setup to clear when I view the message, that way I always know if there is something new. I did buy Enhanced Email to work with EA.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
There are a few ways you can get that. There's an app called called SMS Unread Count (free) that lets you add widgets (they look like icons) to your home screen to show how many unread messages you have. It works for both SMS and Gmail.

If you have ADW Launcher, there's an app called ADW Notifier that does the same thing as SMS Unread Count but it's a paid app.