OK, I've been really annoyed at the Camera Shutter Sound on my new Photon. I contacted Motorola twice, just to make sure they know it's an issue for some people. I have never found a way to silence the shutter sound.

This morning, I took a couple pics and No Sound. I don't have any idea what happened. I cannot think of anything I have done differently, but when I click a photo the phone stays silent. In fact, at first I thought something was wrong and it wasn't even taking a pic. It is. But with no "CLICKKK" effect.

I suppose it will probably come back as mysteriously as it went away, but for now - I'm happy!
    08-05-2011 08:10 AM
    I bet it comes back after a reboot.
    08-05-2011 08:13 AM
    Is your phone on silent or vibrate? Try turning the ringer up and keep us posted
    08-05-2011 08:21 AM
    I've tried switching sound settings - silent, vibrate, full sound - no change. Other sounds work, but the camera is silent. I even did a power down & back up, and no change.

I'm not complaining - except I would really like to know how & why.
    08-05-2011 09:14 AM
    Same here...
    08-05-2011 10:23 AM
    Same here, actually. Very strange.

EDIT: Rebooting the phone fixed it in my case though.
    08-05-2011 12:50 PM
    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/

* download the APK to your phone
    * browse to the file with the "Files" application
    * enable "Unknown Sources" in Application Settings (which you are prompted to do if you try to open it from Files app
    * open the app and check the checkbox

Then you can test the stock Camera app and you shouldn't have the Click anymore...thats the fix i been using and nomore sounds anymore
    09-27-2011 09:23 AM
    My wife got the MoPho about 2 months ago and that is her one complaint.

Moto needs to kill this off. It's annoying at my kid's recital for her phone to chirp right before she starts playing...or do a cheesy shutter sound when she wants to take a picture. Everybody turning & staring at you like you got caught taking pictures in the men's room or something...

Moto must think everyone in this world is a sicko. . .
    10-17-2011 05:30 PM

* enable "Unknown Sources" in Application Settings (which you are prompted to do if you try to open it from Files app

Then you can test the stock Camera app and you shouldn't have the Click anymore...thats the fix i been using and nomore sounds anymore
    That's pretty cool! What else did I just silence though? Anything?
    10-17-2011 07:37 PM
    That's pretty cool! What else did I just silence though? Anything?
    the lambs, Clarice....
    10-17-2011 11:19 PM
    the lambs, Clarice....
    Well played
    10-18-2011 08:00 PM
    my shutter sound was also silenced...I wonder if it was turned off while 2 weeks ago i h an sprint update for my MoPho also!
    11-06-2011 01:45 AM

Thank you for the fix for the camera sound. I have used this and now I have a silent shutter sound with taking pictures and starting video recording.

vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
    11-06-2011 10:44 PM
    Thank god this works.. I was never so embarrassed to take a pic at sons school event!
    11-22-2011 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD