Deleting E-Mails from Server Option

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is the first android I've had which doesn't give me the option in the e-mail settings to either delete from the phone or delete from the server.

Has anyone else found this option somewhere?

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I discussed my search for a mail program that served my needs better than the stock program HERE. Maildroid does exactly what you are looking to do.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This is the first android I've had which doesn't give me the option in the e-mail settings to either delete from the phone or delete from the server.

Has anyone else found this option somewhere?

Yes. You have the option when you setup pop accounts or you can go to the Accounts program, select the email account and change the setting through there. I had no problem with mine. The Photon has a better email app than the EVO 3D.

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My photon seems to be deleting old emails (two weeks old) from my Trash folder. Does anyone know how to stop this? I have my Trash folder set up to auto-sync because when I "delete" a message from another folder, I want it to go in the Trash folder on the server. But I do NOT want the Photon to then go and delete messages in the Trash. I have other email clients that have this as a configurable option. But I see nothing in the Android client that lets me configure this.

BTW: This is an IMAP account.

Any ideas??

kurtd#AC

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I sent from the EVO to the Photon. The photon is a much better phone but I have this same issue. What the hell did Motorola do to the email app? I can not figure out how to make my photon delete email from the email server. I tried sync trash but that didn't help. Is this even the stock android email client? I didn't have this issue with the evo. I'm using imap on my phone and I tried pop too neither one deletes email on the server.