Unusual quick battery discharge,

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had the phone for a few days with no major problem but today for no parent reason the phone discharged its battery from 60% to shutdown in less than an hour. I was not even using the phone except for checking an address in my contacts. 4g was off. wifi BT on.

did anyone experience the same thing. Any ideas why and how to prevent it.

-Thanks

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Was it actually connected to wifi/bt? Or just on?

Perhaps something that you opened before you left it alone and only used contacts? Did you try a video chat app or something unusual earlier?

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
wifi was on with good connection at home. BT was on but not connected. I did not watch video, but prior to that I answered two or three quick phone calls. I used the navigation, but I exited when I was done. Did not do any downloads. Usually the phone warms up when it is discharging. It did not fill warm at all.

Interesting to note (happen prior to the discharge and probably unrelated) When the phone was in my pocket ringing, as I was pulling the phone to answer out of my pocket the call got disconnected (I am guessing that the the action of pulling the phone out of the pocket send a reject for the call.

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like to add that when I charged the phone. Within a short period it charged from 40% to 100%.
Charging from 0 to 40% was at a normal speed. Is the battery OK?

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I leave on 4g and wifi so that shouldn't be your problem. It's probably a rogue app. Check to see which one is sucking up your battery.

Sent from my Photon

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like to add that when I charged the phone. Within a short period it charged from 40% to 100%.
Charging from 0 to 40% was at a normal speed. Is the battery OK?
how long in total have you had your phone on charger that day? I dont own Photon but I have Atrix. and such issue is a very common thing. it seems that motoblur does not accurately calculate the charge of the battery. I posted in the Atrix forum today that my phone got down to 50% within 10 hours and after i rebooted it the battery immediatly displayed 80% and it lasted me for a few more hours before it hit 50 again (right now). So I'm inclined to think that this unusually fast charge from 40 to 100% was the reason why your phone got discharged so quickly because it actually didnt charge to 100%.... Like I said its a well known issue with the Atrix and these two phones are no different in hardware/software specs (except for display size)

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It was charged overnight. In all three android phone that I had, when you reboot the phone It stars as a much higher charge, but then in less than a minute display the correct charge as it was before the reboot.

My issue was different. my phone seemed to have erases 60% of charge and it regain it when it was recharged. I think that the loss was not a real loss of charge, but incorrectly recording it in memory.

I have other random glitches with phone. For example temporarily non-responsive keyboard ( occurred only once). It is possibly that there is some memory instability.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It was charged overnight. In all three android phone that I had, when you reboot the phone It stars as a much higher charge, but then in less than a minute display the correct charge as it was before the reboot.

My issue was different. my phone seemed to have erases 60% of charge and it regain it when it was recharged. I think that the loss was not a real loss of charge, but incorrectly recording it in memory.

I have other random glitches with phone. For example temporarily non-responsive keyboard ( occurred only once). It is possibly that there is some memory instability.

I think it has to do with the blur social widgets, since i uninstalled them, removed my facebook account, and installed the actual facebook app by battery drain is much better (2 to 4 percent per hour). Today's the first time I'm testing it under working conditions, so I'll let you know how it does.

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have not had that problem. In fact my battery life is better than the EVO and Nexus S that I had previously. One thing you may want to try: Go to Settings>Battery&Data Manager>Battery Mode. Then choose "Maximum battery saver" mode. This will adjust the screen brightness and some other features.

odror

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
If you do that. you will will not get data (including sms if you have google voice). For no reason it stops receiving data if there is no activity. I'd definitely be on high performance. ( there is not much bat penalty.)

trloha

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out the cause of this? I've had my phone for 2 weeks, but suddenly today my phone was at 100% and then shut off. I was going to take out the battery but then decided to just plug to the USB in to see if anything would happen. When I did it said I was at 5% power. After charging for a minute it went back up to 100%.

Thoughts?

I did just root my phone and installed an app called battery circle if that makes any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49