Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default streaming over 3g problem

Hi, Any help will be apreciated. My new Photon will not stream Youtube, Slacker, or Pandora unless I am connected to wifi. These programs load up ok but will not play. Oddly, internet radio and Netflix works fine over 3g.
    There are 2 evo 4gs and an evo 3d in the house and they all work fine with wifi turned off. Just mine is acting up. All phones appear to be getting a strong signal.

Default Re: streaming over 3g problem

Very strange. The Photon actually gets a better signal and more stable data connections so it should actually work better than the EVO's. Try calling Sprint tech support and have them reset your data profile and flip some of their magical switches on their end.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

it is strange i agree. I called, they flipped, and now my bars turn blue but sadly no youtube, slacker, or pandora yet netflix streams perfectly and web pages load like lightening. exchanging it thru lets talk.com
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

an update. About to box it up to send back and tried one last thing, since we do not live in a 4g area, i kept it turned off so I turn it on and all work as it should. No one elses phones in the house get 4g and I dont think mine really does either. Its like 3g and 4g are switched or something.

ok it appears im getting a weak 4g signal that goes in and out.
    Last edited by bnicewander; 08-09-2011 at 08:59 AM.

according to sprint who talked to motorola last evening, and i am on the 3rd photon, there is an issue with the 3g. they said, motorola, that they got the 4g right and did not spend enough time on the 3g part. accordingly they said an update is coming but so are our 30 days! guess we will see which comes first! sure hope motorola pays attention to the boards!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

It's stunning, but I just watched a YT video from my desk on the 27th floor of a highrise in Chicago's loop. 3G. And I'll tell you, my Evo NEVER got a signal for squat up here. It's like the friggin' Cone of Silence.

Just bought this last night to replace my launch-day Evo. THIS is a nice phone!

bj
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)