Motorola Photon best device on Sprint!

anon(163908)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that I have never been a big fan of Motorola phones in the past. That's including the Droids on Verizon. But I think they have a real winner with the Photon 4G. I have had this phone just over a week and I can't find any fault with it. I have previously had the 1st EVO and Nexus S and this phone is much better then either of those. The custom UI is not over kill like it is on the EVO's and is a nice upgrade compare to the stock android on the Nexus S. Some people are complaining about the pentile screen but I don't find any fault at all. My favorite feature is the "Phone Portal" which allows you to access features of your phone from a web browser over wifi. Awesome! At first I was think of waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II but decided to get the Photon then sell it when the S GSII hits. But unless there is something outstanding about the S GSII i'm going to keep my Photon. I want to get everyone opinion on this so please comment.

cybersar

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola Photon best device on Sprint!!

I like mine but I just upgraded a 13 year-old phone. Played with the evo 3d for a few days but prefer the Photon. The wife is waiting for the Samsung just to see if it is "prettier". The photon definitely has better reception and sound than the 3d and evo4g she has at our house.

I have trouble with the phone portal over wi-fi. It is soooo slow it is unusable for me. It seems to work fine over usb. I'd love to get the wi-fi working better though if you have any ideas/tips.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 upgrades available so I was thinking of giving this phone to my son when thre SGS2 comes out, but I've liked it so much that unless something amazing shows up on the SGS2 I'm sticking with the Photon.

Sent from my Photon

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking pretty much the same thing regarding the SGSII, but after getting a bit tired of some issues with my Epic (ongoing GPS issues, erratic Bluetooth support, poor reception and call quality at times), I'm really considering keeping the Photon no matter what specs the SGSII has, just because so far everything I really didn't like about the Epic is perfect on the Photon.

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Short answer: NO

The EVO 3D's screen looks better.

The Photon's screen how ever is better on battery life. So its more or less what your needs are.

I personally disagree. I think the screen on the Photon is fantastic. I have given up on HTC phones and they always have quality control issues. Photon is a great choice and one of the best phones Sprint or any carrier for that matter. The next phone to beat will be the SGS2.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Photon is world's better than Evo (my previous beloved phone) but it's a matter of opinion regarding 3d and epic. Go to a sprint store and compare. Be sure to play with brightness settings.

Sent from my Photon

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I like mine but I just upgraded a 13 year-old phone.

You must have really loved that StarTAC!!!

startac.jpg

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Both the Photon and EVO3d sceen look fine, but i don't think any screen will stack up against a Samsung Amoled screen.

I agree the amoled or super amoled screen looks really nice. But what good is a high quality screen if it drains your battery and only lasts 4 hours?

What's the point if you're stuck looking at a black screen for half the day b/c your battery is dead?? :D

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree the amoled or super amoled screen looks really nice. But what good is a high quality screen if it drains your battery and only lasts 4 hours?

What's the point if you're stuck looking at a black screen for half the day b/c your battery is dead?? :D

Its not THAT bad, I will agree that the Photon screen will be better on your battery. My Epic can last a good long time, thanks to a ROM of course, it was crap with stock, hence why I am steering away from Samsung.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There have probably been a million Photons sold. The Phton is always sold out at all my local Sprint stores. Ask the reps who work at you Sprint store what phone they now carry.

I asked the service manager for a chain of 16 Sprint Stores are they seeing many returns. She said hardly any Photons or EVO 3D's are coming back. When they do, they are required to ask why. Almost none have been due to hardware failure.

Regardless of your preference, Vote for Sprint's best Android phone.

The poll is still open.

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There have probably been a million Photons sold. The Phton is always sold out at all my local Sprint stores. Ask the reps who work at you Sprint store what phone they now carry.

I asked the service manager for a chain of 16 Sprint Stores are they seeing many returns. She said hardly any Photons or EVO 3D's are coming back. When they do, they are required to ask why. Almost none have been due to hardware failure.

Regardless of your preference, Vote for Sprint's best Android phone.

The poll is still open.

LOL I live 3 miles from Google HQ. Local sprint store has sold 3 photons total. Sold millions? Stop lying. Only the iPhone 4 is selling like that.

Present a link or your just lying....