Photon Specific Battery Tips/Tricks/Problems

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
We all have had our Photons for a week to 10 days so I wanted to see what is/isn't working in terms of battery life. A lot of people are talking about 2-3% per hour (I wish I'm closer to 5-10 depending on what I do). I don't have a lot running:
Two Widgets - Weather (Fancy Widget Pro) and Sound Hound
GMail - 3 accounts synching one with a few emails a day, the other 2 accounts don't get much mail.
No Social Network integration (I do have the standalone Facebook app) with very infrequent updates
Plume for Twitter - 3 Hour auto refresh
4G WiFi and GPS are all turned off - BT is on and connected about 2 hours a day.

I'm not inclined to think its a rouge app since nothing is captured in the battery use (80% of my battery use is Display and Phone Idle) another 8-10 is Cell Standby. If I play Angry Birds for 25-30 minutes my battery is just destroyed (but only represents 4%).

Any thoughts, concerns, similar experiences, etc?

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
If you changed launcher, clear out BLUR, it still runs in the background.

Also, disable the Facebook notifications, that run every hour. A lot of the account syncing is way too frequent.

Turn ON wifi if you have a connection. (Disables 3G if it finds it)

Disable push. Change it to sync like every 4 hours.

DISABLE PUSH. And check all running services. And switch to the Maximum Saver profile.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Also, disable the Facebook notifications, that run every hour. A lot of the account syncing is way too frequent.

DISABLE PUSH. And check all running services. And switch to the Maximum Saver profile.

Disable PUSH for what?

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My best tip is at night or during the day when your sleeping set the battery mode to the maximim saver. Ive had it on that every night and it depletes mayne 1 or 2% during during the night

kkcourva9

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
i use juicedefender for battery.. i also don't have alot of widgets on my page and set my emails and apps to manual sync... i am a very heavy phone user starting at 6am by 5pm my battery will be above halfway by 12am in the orange :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

How in the heck do you clear out blur?