Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock for now

Question Photon Specific Battery Tips/Tricks/Problems

We all have had our Photons for a week to 10 days so I wanted to see what is/isn't working in terms of battery life. A lot of people are talking about 2-3% per hour (I wish I'm closer to 5-10 depending on what I do). I don't have a lot running:
    Two Widgets - Weather (Fancy Widget Pro) and Sound Hound
    GMail - 3 accounts synching one with a few emails a day, the other 2 accounts don't get much mail.
    No Social Network integration (I do have the standalone Facebook app) with very infrequent updates
    Plume for Twitter - 3 Hour auto refresh
    4G WiFi and GPS are all turned off - BT is on and connected about 2 hours a day.

I'm not inclined to think its a rouge app since nothing is captured in the battery use (80% of my battery use is Display and Phone Idle) another 8-10 is Cell Standby. If I play Angry Birds for 25-30 minutes my battery is just destroyed (but only represents 4%).

Any thoughts, concerns, similar experiences, etc?

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Default Re: Photon Specific Battery Tips/Tricks/Problems

If you changed launcher, clear out BLUR, it still runs in the background.

Also, disable the Facebook notifications, that run every hour. A lot of the account syncing is way too frequent.

Turn ON wifi if you have a connection. (Disables 3G if it finds it)

Disable push. Change it to sync like every 4 hours.

DISABLE PUSH. And check all running services. And switch to the Maximum Saver profile.

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post

Also, disable the Facebook notifications, that run every hour. A lot of the account syncing is way too frequent.

DISABLE PUSH. And check all running services. And switch to the Maximum Saver profile.
    Disable PUSH for what?

My best tip is at night or during the day when your sleeping set the battery mode to the maximim saver. Ive had it on that every night and it depletes mayne 1 or 2% during during the night

Seems like my battery is getting worse by the day

i use juicedefender for battery.. i also don't have alot of widgets on my page and set my emails and apps to manual sync... i am a very heavy phone user starting at 6am by 5pm my battery will be above halfway by 12am in the orange

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post

How in the heck do you clear out blur?
    MattJr35 likes this.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    How in the heck do you clear out blur?
    BUMP. I read the same thing else where and am running. SPB 3d. would love to know how to disable blur.