The Photon is a Great Phone

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There have probably been a million Photons sold. The Photon is always sold out. Ask the reps who work at you Sprint store what phone they now carry.

I asked the service manager for a chain of 16 Sprint Stores, are they seeing many returns. She said hardly any Photons or EVO 3D's are coming back. When they do, they are required to ask why. Almost none have been due to hardware failure.

She said, "The Photon and EVO 3D are great phones."

Regardless of your preference, Vote for Sprint's best Android phone.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There have probably been a million Photons sold. The Photon is always sold out. Ask the reps who work at you Sprint store what phone they now carry.

I asked the service manager for a chain of 16 Sprint Stores, are they seeing many returns. She said hardly any Photons or EVO 3D's are coming back. When they do, they are required to ask why. Almost none have been due to hardware failure.

She said, "The Photon and EVO 3D are great phones."

Regardless of your preference, Vote for Sprint's best Android phone.

Not the experience we are having, but the EVO 3d is being returned at 40% rate.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Photon yesterday. Have to admit, it blows away the EVO Shift I had before it. Don't get me wrong. The Shift is not a bad phone. But I wanted something with a bigger screen. I looked at the EVO 3D and the Photon. Once I had a chance to check them out in the store it was no contest. Couldn't do the 3D. The 3D photos are to much of a gimmick to me and I don't feel that Motoblur is as obtrusive as Sense is. Had a minor software issue that the store took care of today and now I am loving the Photon! Oh, and I might ad that I used the Photon today the same as I would have my Shift (number of calls, text, web browsing ect..) and when I got done with work with my phone having been unplugged for 9 hours, I still had 70% battery left! With the Shift I was plugging it in everyday after 5-6 hours.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Vote for Sprint's best Android phone if you haven't already.

The Photon is just a few votes behind the Droid Incredible. The DInc is 16 months old!

Here are the Top 10 most desired US phones in the survey so far.
1. Sprint HTC EVO 3D
2. Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
3. Sprint HTC EVO 4G
4. AT&T Motorola Atrix
5. T-Mobile HTC Sensation
6. AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G
7. Verizon HTC Droid Incredible
8. Sprint Motorola Photon
9. Verizon Samsung Droid Charge
10. Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic

2011 Reader's Choice Awards Research:
? 4.3" Displays are Now the Sweet Spot
? HTC Dominates the 2011 Readers Choice Awards
? Verizon and Sprint Lead in the 2011 Reader's Choice Awards

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit the Motorola Photon 4G is a great phone. I owned the HTC EVO 4G since last summer(2010), until a couple of weeks ago when I got my Photon. Yes, the EVO 4G was a great phone, and I never did root the EVO, I still was able to enjoy it to its fullest. But since owning the Photon I have been able to do everything that I wanted to do to on my EVO, again still without being rooted. I am able to connect my wii controller to play classic games from my youth, I have been able to connect the Photon via the hd station to my tv and mirror everything. I loved my HTC EVO 4G, but the Motorola Photon is turning out to be everything and then some, at least to me.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps we should have a poll to see how many actually rely on the Photon as one of those communication devices called a PHONE.

I am beginning to wonder???

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps we should have a poll to see how many actually rely on the Photon as one of those communication devices called a PHONE.

That is an age test.

If you call people you are over 40. If you call almost daily you are over 50.

If your phone never rings unless your mom calls you are under 40.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I asked the best buy mobile manager who I am friends with at my local best buy and she said that the Evo 3D has been getting alot of returns due to poor signal strength and slow data speeds.. but they are just taking their chances and swapping them out for another Evo 3D, not a different device.:confused:

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I use my photon as my primary work phone, and to date I haven't had the problems everyone else on the board has described. Its actually been the best device i've ever owned.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That is an age test.

If you call people you are over 40. If you call almost daily you are over 50.

If your phone never rings unless your mom calls you are under 40.

Nope, I'm 41 and not only do I not accept calls my voicemail says, "Don't leave me a voice mail because I don't check it. If you really knew me you'd know to send me a text." My 71 year old mother is the one exception. I do take calls from her :)

We have 4 lines and use less than 200 minutes a month. Every one of them is to or from my mother.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Photon is now up to 6th place! Vote for Sprint's best Android phone if you haven't already!

Here are the Top 10 most desired US phones in the survey so far.
1. Sprint HTC EVO 3D 4.3"
2. Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4.3"
3. Sprint HTC EVO 4G 4.3"
4. AT&T Motorola Atrix 4"
5. T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4.3"
6. Sprint Motorola Photon 4.3"

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

The Photon makes calls too?!?!

This device gets better and better each day :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon