Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photon creaking

This is NOT an "omigod this phone sux!!!" issue for me, but it does bug me a touch. It seems that as my Photon as broken in a little, it's started to creak a little around a few points where the battery cover is attached. It's the typically creaking that happens when you squeeze in just the right place during normal use (I'm not talking about applying abnormal amounts of force just to make it happen).

My question is: does anyone else's do this? I understand it would probably be hard to avoid completely without going Apple's route of using a non-replaceable battery, and if it's a normal thing, I can live with it. If it's not, however, then that plus my odd clicking sound from the haptic feedback when typing might be enough to get me to swap mine out.

It's an awesome phone, by the way. Great performance, lovely screen (yes, I like it quite a bit), otherwise great build quality, and the call quality/reliability has been the best of any smartphone I've owned so far. I'll definitely stay with the Photon, it's only a question of whether or not I'll swap this one out.

I have not noticed any creaking. Have you checked that you cover is firmly in place, all the way around?

The haptic feedback is an option, you can turn it off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Photon creaking

Yes, I understand that the haptic feedback can be turned off. My question is whether the effect I'm experiencing is normal or not. Doesn't feel normal, and if it's a harbinger of future failure, that's not a good thing.

Yes mines does the same its really starting to irk me

mine did it until I installed the Sprint Holster. creek noise gone!

Mine is not making any noises. But I have read that some users got a Photon with a poor fitting back cover. Some have reported that Sprint will replace the cover. Pull the cover and re-fit it, or take it to Schprint to get it replaced.....

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Yes, I am having the same problem, especially by the microphone so the other person hears it while on a call, or when it's on my speaker end of the phone so I hear it when i'm on a call.

I've r&r'ed the cover a few times and occasionally it will stop creaking at the speaker end, but hte microphone end makes a ruckus eternally now a days. Had the phone since 1st week of December. I'm happy with the phone, build quality seems nice and I sure like the glass/screen. I will not say it's the greatest phone on earth because Android OS is just lacking in so many ways after leaving WebOS....

, got on chat with Sprint online and they say take it to a store... hopefully they'll order a replacement and get on with it and we'll see. but, after holding on to my palm pre until the end, I wonder if they'll pull the same maneuver and resist doing anything at every juncture...

what else I notice is that if I jiggle my phone up and down, when held with the camera pointing at the ground, I hear the shutter jiggling around in there.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

went to a sprint store a few days ago. they replaced my back cover and the creaking is largely gone.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Seidio surface case 'nuff said